Thursday, January 5, 2023

I Like Thursday and it's now 2023--- whee!


welcome to this week's list of likes.... starting with homemade chocolate covered cherries... you make them then let them sit on the counter closed up to liquefy. Only I couldn't wait and we tried one. Delish but not liquefied yet. 

We had two snowfalls back to back, which turned our view into a wonderland. 

I finished a big bed quilt this week and wrote a post (HERE) on that process

Milo: Can I jump up on it Mama???

listening on audio books:

 Watching on TV

we saw a lot of wonderful shows during the vacation last week and traveled the world!. Annika (PBS) is a detective in Scotland who speaks Norwegian. Anne with an E (Netflix) taking me back to PEI in Canada, a Wonderful rendition of the story, both of us are enthralled with the story, acting, scenery. We traveled to France with the latest season of Emily in Paris (lots of French this time) and England with the latest season of Midsomer Mysteries. We finished the latest season of My Life is Murder in New Zealand.

we watched a heart filled movie on Netflix, Summerland, and both loved it so much


LOVED this song, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7CHl9cB-m8


This week's prompt

 "Is there a class you'd like to take? What would you learn or do in this class? Is there a person you'd like to study with?"
How long do you like classes to be? A semester or one day?  Have you seen a class actually offered you'd like to do? what about a dream class like painting in provence?  For Me:

Drawing: I'd like to learn illustration of whimsical animals from Karen Poole (link to see her work)I've taken her free workshop and was so smitten with my drawing I visited her site and bought one of her charming books!  

I'd take any class with Joanna Basford, have taken her free youtube workshops and learned a lot

Painting: so far I've learned so much from free youtube lessons and love   

Shayda Campbell: https://www.youtube.com/@ShaydaCampbell 

Creations CeeCee: https://www.youtube.com/@creationsceecee 

painting On fabric, I'd love to take a class with Judy Coates Perez. I used to do silk painting when I took a class in Edmonton one winter, and I'd do that again too

Art Quilting: I'd really like to take a long course at Asilomar with Caryl Bryer Fallert, or Vicki Pignatelli, 

Embroidery in abstract organic forms with  A. Zucher  Link to intro here

Beading: anything from Bronzepony online lessons free on youtube

Book Binding techniques from anyone since I'm new

Photography: I'd like to really learn how to use my digital 35 mm camera but it's intimidating. I took a semester of photography while in Edmonton, and I really knew my Canon 35 mm film camera

I'd like to study piano again, on zoom this time, an ongoing class, (ukelele too) 

Greek cooking lessons online with Dimitra and I'd like to visit her and actually see her cooking, and while we're dreaming, a baking class with Paul Hollywood would do nicely

I've taken so many art quilt classes when I lived back east.... I've studied many art forms like rug making,  stained glass, pottery, weaving, and so much more. I love teaching, and love taking classes with organized information technique based information. 

Since being at home, I've found the benefit of signing up for free week long workshops with many teachers, like Sketchbook Revival (Karen Abend) (The best) and these two    coming up soon:

1. Stitch Camp starts on January 16th  at Textile Artist which has a great newsletter too

2.Knitting summit with Rebecca Page starts 1/23/23 REGISTER FOR FREE TODAY!

 3. Botanical Books Webinar starts 2/3/2023    sign up

 Milo's Moment

Milo: not doing too much just keeping an eye on things, a sharp poodle eye and believe me I'll bark the house down if I see as much as a cat/squirrel/person out this window!

Mama: yes, about the barking. It has one tone, LOUD. INSISTENT. Instead of yelling at you to stop have you noticed I've been coming over to studio 2 here to watch with you? 

Milo: well, I am happy for the support but let's face it, you never chase off critters Mama. I am the one on alert. You'll let them come right up to the door like that stupid squirrel, and the birds. 

Mama: you do have that covered though honey

Milo: but people too, you let them come right up on the porch.

Mama: they are delivering things we need including poodle food and toys. 

Milo: ahem, cough cough, ack! (clearing poodle throat and taking a minute to get a good argument)

well, lets stop talking and go downstairs for a cookie break Mama!

please visit these people to see what they liked this week

 https://wordweaverart.blogspot.com/
 

16 comments:

Linda said...

Your "big bed quilt" is gorgeous! Your "wishlist" classes sound dreamy. I would like to take a class in meteorology. I got a degree in the wrong thing - lol!

Jeanna said...

Wow, there is so much to like here. Chocolate covered cherries are one of my favorites! Your big bed quilt is stunning. So many classes, so little time...but not an excuse to NOT take one or twenty.

Sara said...

Anne with an E - one of my favorite book series when growing up. I've reread them several times as an adult, and nearly wore out the video tapes of the PBS series. My girls loved Anne of Green Gables too.

Your quilt is really beautiful. I love, love, love scrappy - and all the red just makes me smile. Great job!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

We have enjoyed Annika and My Life is Murder! Nicola Walker of Annika is one of my favorite British actresses. You've got a great line-up of classes you'd like to take, too. Learning to play the ukulele would be a lot of fun - my son has one and gave me a few pointers when we were there at Thanksgiving. Happy Thursday!

Angela said...

Love the quilt! So pretty!

piecefulwendy said...

What a pretty bed quilt! I'm not a fan of chocolate with any type of fruit, but I live with someone who would love those cherries. So many fun classes on your wishlist. I look forward to seeing your creations (haven't looked for my Gelli plate yet, but it's on my list).

Cloudia said...

You and sweet Milo have a wonderful relationship. You are just a dynamo of creativity

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on that beautiful quilt finish, LeeAnna!! As for classes,I don't take very many quilting classes. I do want to continue with additional FREE art/junk journaling classes in 2023. I've been having a blast learning all sorts of new-to-me techniques!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi LeeAnna! Your chocolate-covered cherries look delicious. And your new quilt turned out just fabulous. Isn't it nice and warm, especially when it's so cold and snowy outside? It's so sweet seeing Milo on guard at the window, with the blinds drawn up just for him! Happy New Year to all of you. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

Brian's Home Blog said...

Those chocolate covered cherries look delicious! Hey, I learned how to play the ukelele from Cynthia Lin on Youtube. Milo, I'm glad you got the watch duty thing covered. Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

Helen said...

I've also taken a couple of classes from Kaaren Poole. She does have such a storybook lovely style for her animals.

Annie said...

Your quilt is stunning as is your wish list....mine would be to do something with clay and ceramics.
Hugs,
Annie x

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I love how your quilt came out. You have such a great wish list of classes you'd like to take. I'm not very artistic but the art classes sound so good. We're having a little snowstorm right now but it's very mild. It's not sticking anywhere except the grass. Give Milo a hug for me!

PaintedThread said...

Your quilt looks awesome. I need to try that pattern one of these days. And so many classes! It's amazing what's available out there. We've been watching the latest Midsomer Murders - always fun to watch.

Joanne said...

Hi LeeAnna,
I'm giving this a try this year
Snippet roll
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugwwrH69xSU&list=PLjZ7ebk-py2_CJM2OBTxEp7FwkH-I8NNw
First promt is wild flowers :)

Susie H said...

YUM! Chocolate covered cherries! I'll take a couple ... dozen! Ha! Have a good week!