Thursday, October 13, 2022

I Like Thursday #319

welcome to this week's list of likes! We decorated inside and out for Halloween. For ourselves since no one but y'all will see them... I LOVE decorating for Halloween! 

I love me some flamingoes!
I liked that (4 months after planting seeds) my nasturtiums finally flowered!

more pics of decorations to come next week 

In the garden

Again, 4 1/2 months after planting the pepper seeds, this is still trying to ripen

fun music...

this song is so cute, but really gets going in the middle. Discovered it while listening to vintage Halloween music ( link in case you can't play it here)


 reading on audio

  

so funny and the reader is so good. Now don't rush to check it out, let me finish first!

on Ebook

last in the bakeshop series by Ellie Alexander. I didn't finish the Nantucket undercover as too many people requested it before I was done... sad when that happens. ( I couldn't turn off the wifi on my ipad long enough to finish)

I'm a slow reader since I read at bedtime and my eyes are tired by the time I lie down

I love our little battery powered acorn lights!

 

watching on tv

My drama's are back, Good Doctor, New Amsterdam. Guilty pleasures, Survivor, Amazing Race, The new love boat, bachelor in paradise. Bravo has Real Girlfriends in Paris which is fun too!

arting

lots of painting and sewing, story on Saturday's creativity post

self portrait



 


fine dining

a fail... I tried a new recipe for chicken pot pie.  Keto recipe called for almond flour, cheeses and butter and it turned into a gloppy mess unable to spread on top. sorry I just looked and can't find the recipe

No pictures as it looked like a dog's dinner. We also didn't have a rotisserie chicken to include, just some precooked in the fridge so it didn't have bulk. I put in about a meeelion more carrots, onions and celery than the two called for, plus mushrooms and cooked potatoes. 

The taste was okay but the topping, biscuits,or crust as they called it was gummy. DH said maybe we could turn this into some kind of Thanksgiving stuffing dish (he's trying to eat less wheat)

speaking of snacks... the prompt this week is what do you snack on? Are you a snacker? my husband seems to eat every hour or so, just a bite or two but he grazes... we like to keep celery and carrots ready

good for cooking with too

when we want crispy we have chips made with cauliflower, lentils, or other vege. With no wheat, both Milo and dh can eat them...I just love them.



we also keep cashews, pecans, sunflower seeds to nosh, and dates for when we want a little sugar

speaking of eating...

Milo's Moments


Mama: Milo! I just found the carrot you spat out on the floor! what's up? I just had some and some dogs love to chew on raw carrots

Milo: not me. Unless... they are cooked with butter on them!
Mama: we're having them, they are safe

Milo: maybe so, but your taste in food is questionable. What's the deal with lettuce? I'll have some black eyed peas, some little green peas, or that cookie I saw you eating earlier...

Mama: oh you caught me. Those are made with wheat, not for you darling

 Milo: how sad for me.... maybe you should give me one of my cookies, with some whipped cream... I like whipped cream

Mama: most of us do honey!

Milo: now please stay! visit mama's friends to read their lists and tell Mama if you did a post today!
rosie and the boys nature pics  



19 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

we bought the same chickpea crispies ...ours are with chilli and lemon... they were good but so hot we nearly called firefighters LOL

Libby in TN said...

I just serve my crustless pot pie in a bowl with biscuits on the side.

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE that portrait, LeeAnna!! I've never seen any of those snacks you guys eat. Well, except for the Hippeas and the flavor I tried was terrible!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It's so fun to get out the Halloween decorations! It's good to know that you like crunchy treats made with cauliflower - I haven't tried those, but always curious about them. Happy Thursday!

Sara said...

My daughter's previous dog adored raw carrots and would come running every time anyone opened the fridge. And he would stick his head right in by the veggie drawer - hoping to snag a carrot. Her currents dogs don't like them.

Your book recommendations always make me want to read whatever you are reading. I watched an interview this morning on GMA with Charlie Gibson and his daughter about this week's Bookcase podcast. The father/daughter duo interviewed some mystery writers and they talked about their favorite mystery books. No I want to go back and reread some Agatha Christy or John LeCarre.

Sandee said...

I'm going to try those chips. Yummy looking.

I always love seeing Milo. He's so handsome.

Have a fabulous Thankful Thursday. Scritches to Milo. ♥

carol l mckenna said...

Good to see Milo again ~ he is one smart doggie ~ Although my lab used to love raw carrots ~ wonder if my new rehomed dog will ~ have to try it ~ LOL ~ XO


Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Cloudia said...

Fun, thanks!

https://comfortspiral.blogspot.com/2022/10/brightening.html?m=0

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I love your Halloween decorations. So fun! I find many recipes that include almond flour have an odd texture. It's definitely different than regular flour. Some recipes are better than others. I love your snacks. Much more healthy than mine!!

grammajudyb said...

I need to find some of your snacks. They sound yummy! Are they specialty store items or in a mainstream grocery? Fun decorations in your yard. Thanks for sharing. I will add a few table coverings and wall hangings after the 15th. Your flamingo made me grin!!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Those decorations are all cool, love the ghosts! Hey Milo, cookies with whipped cream sounds really good. Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

Andree said...

I've read that book. I totally loved it. But hold on to your hat. It begins hopefully. Very dark currents running through it. Wonderful book.

PaintedThread said...

With the ghosts and the flamingo I thought at first it said Welcome to this week's list of yikes! LOL Those acorn lights are pretty cool! Hey Milo - I agree whipped cream is good stuff!

Angie said...

LeeAnna - love your Halloween decorations, especially the flamingo skeleton! Where did you find that????

Snacks - I am not much of a snacker throughout the day; I usually have something small with my afternoon coffee, such as graham crackers with peanut butter, or some fruit. The afternoon "snack" usually depends on how much fruit I have already had that day. I probably could do a better job snacking on vegies. At night, that's when I really have to control the munchies. Most nights I have a small snack, usually salty things like triscuits or cashews or freshly popped popcorn!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Ned doesn't like carrots either, I've discovered. Another great post here. I can ditto those snacks as well. I should have mentioned in my post that we eat those snap pea chips. I try for healthy and I'm also staying away from wheat if I can.
Great for you to have your fall tv lineup back. Have a great weekend, you three.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi LeeAnna! Those ghosts are so darn cute. They have such friendly faces peeking around the flowers. Yay to the nasturtiums blooming - you can put them in a salad for a mild radish taste. YUM! If you request the book you weren't able to finish again, it will open to the spot you were at. It's pretty nifty! I started watching the Bravo Paris show. I'm not sure about it yet but I'll give it another try. HAHA! Aww, Milo looks like he is enjoying the sunshine with his ring chew toy. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

Michelle said...

Loving the flamingo skeleton! Too cute! Thanks for linking up.

Annie said...

It makes me chuckle when I imagine Milo talking to you. I often pretend to be Millys voice. Our other 3 cairn terriers used to love frozen peas but Milly turns her nose up at them...she’s a funny little character.
Hugs,
Annie x

sonja said...

i had a cat. ivy, that loved romaine lettuce . she found the first taste when i dropped a bit in the kitchen as i was making a salad. it has been too hot to cook lately so i make a big salad and add a can of tuna sometimes. my kitty, miss Ruby loves the water drained off and i swear she can hear the can opener before i can begin the drain. Cats dream of tuna!

i like to snack on cold grapes from the bowl in the fridge. i try to keep snacks at eye leave so the hubby can find them,
next to the carrot sticks.... hehehe!