Saturday, October 8, 2022

Living the Creative life.... painting + quilt making with scraps

 

I stayed very busy this week, with the workshop thru Willowing... the above painting started like this

workshop by Kaaren Poole


It was taught by Kaaren Poole who reminded me I want to increase my illustration skills... on two pieces of paper, painted with watercolor over pencil sketch. 

I love the whole thing, and the dandelions floating off.

It will get words when finished









and most of all the little ear...precious


Also love this little guy taught by Willowing's Tam LaPorte....

lots of sewing this week....continuing on my scrap challenge in Fall colors (sent by Jan)


so far I have a Halloween runner, modern banner, a quilt runner, some odds and ends, the latest 60 deg diamond runner from a strip set... one block less than I needed so I filled in with a pieced diamond








on bottom right here

carefully cut the strip set with zero waste with this

organize them in fun way,
and start sewing in sub-units that can then be sewn in straight lines

don't forget to match up areas and be careful of bias stretching
next I wanted to add some green scraps to another working design. I had a brown scrap 2.5" X 12 so I cut it into 6 squares, cut the squares thru the center and inserted purple and green strips...

did some more improv geese units too


still have some scraps left. All these fitted into a small envelope so I had no idea the riches inside!

The design wall is glorious this week!

I have a sewing machine story that will have to wait as this post is already long... happy Arting!

patchwork Sunday                    

design wall Mondays at smallquiltsanddollquilts
lovelaughquilt.mondays 

21 comments:

Sandy said...

Your little mouse is sooooooooo cute, and I don't like mice at all. Your table runner is breathtaking. Those colors together are fantastic.
Sandy's Space

My name is Erika. said...

Oh I do like your adorable little mouse. It is such a contrast how they are often portrayed so cute and then the real ones who can invade our homes in the winter. And nice sewing this week. I like the broken hexagons and the way they seem to connect. I also really like the bits and pieces that seem different but all together make a great mini piece (the one with the black and orange triangles on the right side). It's fun putting bits together and seeing what you get, isn't it? Enjoy the rest of your weekend. hugs-Erika

PaintedThread said...

Very cool projects. That mouse is so cute.

grammajudyb said...

A fabulous array of creativity! Love the cute mouse, so much! And your fabric design wall is ….well, amazing!

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Sweet little mouse!
I'm so glad to see you're able to use my scraps. It amazes me how creative you are and how you can make such pretty things out of my scraps and discards.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Adorable little mouse, you are so talented! I love your design wall too, purple and orange is such a lovely mix, and your blocks are creative!
Thank you for sharing your process, and linking up!

sonja said...

love that little mouse!
your painting with fabric scraps, marvelous!
i so love orange and purple together in fabric dancing!!

Sara said...

I'm in LOVE with the little mouse!! So adorable! He has such personality! One of my college friends was an art major and she did a similar little mouse painting for me because I had some little mouse figurines.

Kathleen said...

Your paintings are fabulous! That pink ear is just delightful. Oh, and that design wall screams fall in all the best ways.

Nann said...

Your little mouse almost looks thread-painted. Another technique for you?
I like the kaleido / wedge blocks and you can't improve on the improv!

Joanne said...

Hi LeeAnna,
Sewing Machine Story ? Must be something !
Great creative colourful designwall and drawings !
hugs, take care,
Joanne

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

That mouse is the cutest thing ever! Love it. Your collection of fall wips is inspiring. Love the colors so much. Can't wait to see the finish! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

The Joyful Quilter said...

What fun you are having with those fabric scraps, LeeAnna!! That little mouse painting is adorable. I didn't end up trying that one because... watercolor. I just can't seem to wrap my head around making it behave properly.

Gillena Cox said...

Luv your painting. Lee Anna your fabric art always has me stunned.
Thanks for linking to Art Gor Fun Friday

Much❤love

DVArtist said...

Such adorable art and the quilt is so impressive. You have such a talent in so many venues. Thank you for joining Friday Face OFF but I don't see a link back to my blog. Please add one. Thank you.

Michelle said...

Your mouse is adorable! Beautiful quilt coming together too.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Saw that adorable mouse in a link and knew it was your work. Aren't the classes through Willowing Art fabulous? I learned so much the year I signed on. Do you do them proud.

Fundy Blue said...

Your mouse is darling, LeeAnna! Your fabric art is vibrant and colorful! Have a good week!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What a darling little mouse!!!
and that table runner - oh my gosh - I love it!

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Love your adorable little critters ... and your Fabric art is amazing. Your talents seem to expand across varied techniques. Lovely art, lovely post ...

Andrea @ From the Sol

Noa said...

El ratón me parece una cucada :3