Thursday, June 30, 2022

I Like Thursday #304

 

Welcome to this week's list of likes. I love painting and watching color appear on paper. This was painted on sketchbook paper not watercolor, with a big flat brush to test the technique.

 


 Took at most 5 minutes, and my set of 32 kuretake paints. I liked the rough quick way I painted this not precise or carefully but joyfully and quickly!I like how the tree came out... 

for four days there were only two birds sleeping on our front porch, but whoopie! the little one is back and sitting between the two big ones who always left a space for it even when it didn't come home...

Fine dining 

blueberry bran muffins

We cooked a good number of items last weekend to freeze and have during the week... it was cooler and likely the last of the cool weather for many months if it's like last year. Nothing spectacular, all things I've mentioned in prior posts but we're happy to have them for times when a microwave is the most heat we can stand! 

white lambrusco 

we also boiled a lot of potatoes for different meals, and for my Greek potato salad:

yogurt, mayo, chopped bell pepper, chopped onion, salt and pepper, lots of oregano, some garlic powder, a bit of parsley and thyme, and a good splash of apple cider vinegar. It really gives it the spark although I've made this with lemon juice instead.... so good and a bit different

 

I had a great week of phone calls to friends, Pat in NY, Cindy in SC, and Joy in NC made my heart swell with happiness and connection.


 

I showed leaf study on Saturday and am proud of it. Go see if you have time  (click here

reading the next in the nantucket series on ebook

 

and finishing up on audio

 

PBS Masterpiece theater has a show available that we started and it's good! called Hotel Portofino

 

Hotel Portofino (TV Series 2022– ) - IMDb

Not much of value on, we are nearly finished with Shitt's creek sadly, and still have one Murdoch Mysteries to go, luckily the bachelorette is starting in July along with a couple other shows I enjoy.

I seem to need to watch some tv at night to gear down enough to read my book in bed to gear down my mind enough to go to sleep in the heat. 

We have AC but it isn't doing a good job upstairs in the master BR

land management... still very little growing and not much to show. I ordered nasturtium seeds because of Sally's post last week, they are germinating in a wet towel at the moment. 

I love Dick Blick art supplies for... well art supples

we ordered new shorts from Khols... in the old days I used to go to Khols and shop the sales for entertainment... still sticking close to home because of the virus variants

I loved this video of actors now grown, talking about making the film. When I went to Europe, one of my stops was Austria where I took a tour of the movie sites... such fun...


 heartwarming animation message...


 Milo's Moment... my baby....my curly haired son just before grooming...please enjoy his joy!

lookie here what mama did... Me on a summer evening, minding my own business while the pawrents enjoyed something in a glass.


 now please visit these fine folks to see what they liked this week and let me know if you want me to link to your post

please visit these fine peeps to see what they liked this week 

https://www.mmmquilts.com/2022/06/gratitude-65.html

craftscaviescontras   

friday bliss

13 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

the perfect music for a summer evening Milo .O)

Michele McLaughlin said...

Leaf study is a phenomenal piece! You should be proud of it! I love it! Love the watercolor too! Very nice shading! Have a good week and a happy holiday!

Sara said...

Your leaf study piece is amazing with all the little details. Your way with color always amazes me. The quick painting technique must be fun, and it turned out really well. Again - the colors are what catch my eye.

Sandee said...

Love your paintings. Beautiful.

Milo is always so fun to see.

Have a fabulous Thankful Thursday. ♥

Brian's Home Blog said...

Your flower are is sure pretty! I'll bet those muffins were good and Milo, enjoy that squeeky fun dude. Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I enjoyed seeing the results of your prompts and also this leaf study. Wonderful stuff. Also your curly haired son enjoying himself. We go through a lot of toys and balls here that's for sure. Hope it doesn't get too hot for you.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love seeing the watercolors spread and create beautiful flower petals! And I just ate one of my blueberry muffins that I made with almond flour and they came out really good...no carbs and no sugar. Enjoy your day!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Milo with his squeaky toy is hilarious! The people behind us have two adorable cocker spaniels and they love the squeaker, too. So funny! Happy Thursday - your muffins look yummy!

sonja said...

too love seeing the watercolors spread and mix and marry! i love to watch paint dry. i love how a bit of fabric or paper, painted randomly, crunched or folded or twisted and let dry, revels happiness.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Oh leaf study is lovely. Also love your paintings. Good likes this week.

PaintedThread said...

I can see why you're so proud of Leaf Study - it is stunning. Woot! Good luck with the nasturtium. Ha! Milo squeaky squeaky!

Angie said...

LeeAnna - what a beautiful painting - well done, my dear! Hard for me to imagine that it only took 5 minutes ... but that is why I don't progress more with my art - the fear of starting! I loved the Sound of Music and enjoyed that clip celebrating the 50th anniversary! Enjoy your Fourth of July weekend!

riitta k said...

Your quilt with green shades is very beautiful. Me and DH wish to loose some weight, so I enjoyed your blueberry muffins with my eyes 😃 It has been very hot here too, but this week cooler and more bearable. I am listening to thrillers by Alice Feeney in English. Very captivating and excellent readers as well. My head and body are in summer mood, or maybe it is the heat. All the best.