Saturday, November 6, 2021

sewing saturday

 

welcome to this week's sewing round up... I sewed a lot, but not much to share right now as I want to wait til the quilted piece has binding, and the basted piece has quilting and binding! 

Some week's are like that... lots done but nothing finished. I did a post on paintings yesterday and am taking another free 30 day workshop with Joanna Basford, which takes painting into a priority. 

The color of the month at rainbow scrap challenge is "neutral". I am choosing to do light neutrals this month and dark neutrals next month since I doubt I am going to finish any of the quilts in December that I started this year! 

four little sweaters made in neutrals this week. These are sweaters I'd love to wear myself. I love horses so much and follow freesian horses videos 

I love this stable's horses and videos, in the Netherlands...

I love elephants! they are so smart, kind and know how to live in a group in peace. 


and of course, music and coffee!

how will I finish them? on neutral backgrounds?

next up is finish quilting the kaleidoscope since I figured out how to border it & finally finished the top

Happy sewing everyone

linking to

 off the wall Fridays

design wall Mondays at smallquiltsanddollquilts
lovelaughquilt.mondays

patchwork Sunday                    
oh Scrap Sundays

19 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Just caught up on your posts,LeeAnna. Lovely things to read about and check out as always. Those sweaters are interesting! I have the Elephant pattern from Laundry Basket quilts and am tempted to begin it.

Kathleen said...

Fun sweaters. A neutral may just be the ticket….or a nice dark could work too. Always fun to play and find fabric that makes the magic happen. Love the border treatment on your kaleidoscope!

Sara said...

As always, I love the little sweaters! So adorable - especially the coffee one. My week was similar - lots of things worked on but nothing finished.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looking forward to seeing your Kaleidoscope quilt completed, LeeAnna, as it is going to be SEW gorgeous!! Have fun figuring out what to do with those sweaters.

Sherrie said...

Hi,
I really like your sweaters...so cute.
Have a great day!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those sweaters are so fun! Perfect for a little fussy cutting - love the elephant especially!

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Love the sneak peek of your KK! Have fun with all your projects this week.

Tails Around the Ranch said...

That's an adorable wardrobe of sweaters!

sonja said...

your sweet Saturday sweaters are great!
OH, have you ever seen Ladyhawke (1985)a movie a medieval story of lovers that had been cursed ? Well the friesian horse in it was poetry in motion to me!
i'll have a cuppa Saturday morning jazz please

Joanne said...

hi LeeAnna,

Sweaters look so cozy ! Reminds me that I should pull out a pattern that I found last winter and see what I can create with it this year :)
So looking forward to your Kaleidoscope and its big reveal !
hugs, take care,
Joanne

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Great teaser on your kaleidoscope quilt. I look forward to seeing more. Thanks for sharing your fun projects with Oh Scrap!

Kim said...

How fun, fun, fun all your little sweaters are! I love the galloping horse, but for me your adorable elephant has made me smile today. Some weeks are like that, aren't they?? A lot is achieved but nothing really to show.

Nann said...

The sweaters are a wonderful way to show of novelties!

Marsha Cooper said...

I need to get back to the monthly color challenge.

Susan said...

Great job on the fussy cutting - the sweaters are a lot of fun to look at!

Snowcatcher said...

You have really piqued my interest in the sweater project! I can't wait to see how this turns out!!!

grammajudyb said...

Me too! So excited to see your sweaters come together! They are so cute!

Rebecca Grace said...

I am loving your sweaters even more and more, each time you post about them. What a fascinating way to use fabric prints. And yes, I can definitely relate to feeling like I worked and worked all week and have nothing “finished” to show for myself but you’re right — the best finishes only come once in awhile and wouldn’t happen at all if it weren’t for weeks and weeks of slow and steady progress.

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

We all have weeks like that, but I know even though you don't have much to show right now that you have a lot done. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.