Thursday, March 5, 2020

I Like Thursday #183


I LOVE purple roses with a nice scent!
Welcome to this week's list of likes.

It's been a week of recovery, first the sty is much improved, not gone but the meds are.
Then I got tripped by a corgi puppy at Wash Park on Sunday so my back is tweaked. Oy vey.
I liked how this condolence card quilt came out. My back yard neighbor's dog Bandit passed away and we know how hard that is, so I dug around in my dog fabric til I found ONE corgi like Bandit, and made this collage for the family.
the back of the card
These lovely people gave me this beautiful card as a thank you, and it joins others sent by friends.
the bejeweled butterfly card



I love this pepper jelly, with slices of turkey sausage, apples, brie and crackers

I like pretty blood oranges!
free magazines at a shop!
I really like Wash Park in Denver, and wrote about two interactions we had while there on Sunday
Here 
but look at these pics taken that day... how fun!
 I liked the old dog lying next to the security system's sign!
I liked this doggie security system too
 and that he ignored my poodle when we walked by

and this dog cart... never seen one outside of old pictures of manor homes


I like the pop of color these yellow chairs give
cute tiny awning
I liked finding this dog training site. I found it because Sandra at mmmquilts mentioned using a towel instead of a cone on a recovering dog. There is a lot of training advice here with videos.
https://www.dogtrainingnation.com/category/how-to-train-a-dog/page/2/

Milo's Moments

I like to play with my toys at night, but not by myself, on Daddy's legs. That way I get to chew, and tear stuff up and keep Daddy right where I want him!
Now sit! Stay! and visit mama's friends to see their lists this week!

https://www.su-sieeemac.com/2020/03/the-abc-creatures-revisted-part-1.html
craftscaviescontras 
  https://whataboutrheema.blogspot.com/
http://littlepenguinquilts 
http://homesewnbyus 
https://canadianneedlenana.blogspot.com/


maryinpeoriahandmade.blogspot.com
http://imworkingonaproject.blogspot.com/
http://3poodlesandanana.blogspot.com  
  http://www.piecefulthoughts.com
spiralj2

https://knittingquilter.blogspot.com/    
https://scrapatches.blogspot.com/     
https://julierosequilts.blogspot.com/  


LINKING TO 

28 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Great likes. Gorgeous roses. Oh hope your back starts feeling better as well as the stye. Great card for the back fence neighbors. Bobbin does that when she is playing too. Toy on my leg or foot.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi LeeAnna! I hope your sty and back are doing much better. I pulled a muscle in my upper thigh back in mid-February and finally went to the doctor for relief. It's no fun aching all the time. Aww, sweet Milo. Of course you want to chew on daddy's legs - keep him right where you want him. No jaunts anywhere without your knowledge! Happy Thursday! ~smile~ Roseanne

Jeanne said...

Oh those purple roses are dreamy! Fun photos -- I especially like the dog on duty through the fence :)

Elkes Lebensglück said...

wonderful the purple roses!!! Beautful this card quilt!
Fun the dogs!!!
Happy Thursday, Elke

Sara said...

I'm glad the sty is better but so sorry that your back is giving you fits again. No fun! Your thoughtful card for your neighbors impressed me. A gift from the heart.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those purple roses are so pretty! I do love the scent of roses. The strawberry jalapeno jam sounds delicious! I enjoyed your pictures of your visit to the Wash Park neighborhood, too. Looks like a neat place!

Molly the Airedale said...

What a wonderful post! So man lovelies.

Karen said...

Great visual finds ~ so much to like!

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Sending positive healing energy for the sty and back. Feel better soon.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I hope things are improving now...at the end of the week! Take care of yourself!

sandyland said...

always so much joy

Christine said...

Beautiful purple roses! Lots to see in this post!

CountryDew said...

I loved the yellow chairs. They definitely give that space a pop of color.

PaintedThread said...

I love the corgi card! OMG - is that a poodle cow?!? That jam looks delicious. And that dog cart - wow is that a throw back. Neat stuff! (Feel better soon.)

Michelle said...

I like the dog poking through the fence. He looks motivated! Sorry your back is out. Blah!! Take care and thanks for linking up.

Tanya Breese said...

I love all these dog sightings!

Su-sieee! Mac said...

I love your quilt card, LeeAnna. You're not only super creative, but also very innovative. You know I've put sew a quilt card on my To-Try List. Big hugs to you. :-)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm here for the first time from Rain's Art Date to see your lovely photos. I am SO jealous you got free Quilting Arts magazines. I have a very few of them and I had to pay full price (grin).

The butterfly card was adorable, but those cows were incredible. I liked the dog security too. Really clever and a wonderful find.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

What an inspiring creation a quilted condolence card, so inventive. Along with your shared cards from peoples kindness, there's so many fabulous shared things to see today, especially the dog lazing next to the security sign :))
Take care with your back & I hope the sty will soon be gone.
Creative wishes Tracey x

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

What an interesting post as usual! Lovely cards you two exchanged...imagine one piece of print left found just for Bandit. So much to see when you do your walkabouts.
I get Quilting Arts at the library, always something inspiring there. Glad your eye is improved and do hope your back improves.

Michele McLaughlin said...

Great likes! Hope the sty is totally gone soon! Waving at Milo!

Shannon said...

Those purple roses are so pretty! I've never seen those before. And I'm glad the sty is healing. What a sweet condolence card that is, I love that idea, like a little mini-quilt for a sad but meaningful occasion.

Rosemary Dickinson said...

So glad to hear your sty is gone. Your quilted condolence card is so thoughtful. Love the purple roses. You always find interesting things on your walks. Milo is such a cutie!!

betty-NZ said...

These are great images! The roses are just stunning and I love the dog in the fence :)


Feel free to share at My Corner of the World

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Much to see and what is plainly clear is that you are a dog lover ... especially one handsome poodle. Loved your pictures and wish I had know about using a towel instead of a cone (seems so logical, why didn't I think of it myself?) as my mini Aussie had two knee surgeries and had to endure a long period of recover with a cone. This was a fun first visit to your blog ... I can assure you I will be back. Hope you continue to join us on Rain's Art Thursday :)

Andrea @ From The Sol

Rain said...

Oh you had me at Brie LeeAnna! :) That's sad about Bandit, yeah, we've been through it, it's SO hard...your collage is lovely and so sweet. :) I love all of your likes, that dog in the fence is hilarious. Mine would somehow squeeze through I think ha ha! Thanks for playing along this week!!! :)

Sandee said...

That's a whole bunch of likes and my favorite is Milo.

Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week. Scritches to Milo. ♥

Angie said...

LA - glad to hear the sty is improved. Corgis are at the top of my list if I ever thought we might have a dog. I have had blood oranges in a cocktail, but I don't think I have ever seen a whole one - how interesting they look! Enjoy the rest of your week!