Thursday, March 12, 2020

I Like Thursday #184

I like seeing a moon during the daylight!
Welcome to this week's list of likes.
I like the birdsong from this natural area in the 'hood



I love a sticky roller. I use it all over the house... for instance
after grooming the poodle, little hairs are all over our clothes, so a quick roll before laundry saves the washer drain and dryer lint filter
clearing stray threads from batting or a quilt top before basting is easier
picking up tiny things like sequins or beads from the studio floor (or any items on any floor)

During the great sort of 2020, I found UFO's and organized them into tidy bins, keeping a roster of what each bin held so I can find things again. I also went thru some random purchases and bags of stuff from the move, and found this hat and scarf I was knitting when we  came to this house from the rental.

Hat? done! Scarf? on it's way!
I finished the hat and now have a mindless scarf to knit while watching shows
I've already worn the hat and it is very stretchy but snug, perfect for the constant winds here

 I also came across this wild fleece
hahaha who's that for?!
  and made Milo another sweater, and an outdoor coat with it!
sure it's warm but will my dog friends laugh at me?
The breakfast (or snack) of champions

... a black bean quesadilla. Place a dab of butter in a pan, then whole wheat tortilla, some shredded cheese over that, then some refried black beans, some chopped tomatoes, some avocado, and a spoon of salsa. Let crisp up, fold over, slide onto a plate and microwave for 30 seconds. Cut into four pieces.
Ahhhh blue skies
I liked meeting new neighbors last weekend. The warmer temps and sunshine brought people out of their houses, and we met three couples last weekend. It's my opinion that knowing and being known by neighbors creates a better living environment. Now I am not guaranteeing I remember their names but I remember, Matt and Debbie, Donna, Ginger. Four out of six ain't bad.

Another neighbor rode by on her bike and said "I like your hair... did you do something to it?"
(like not brush it, sure..)
then she added, "did you frost it?"
LOL
Nature frosted it with gray! I replied
she said, "well that's the best kind"
(all righty then!)

I think my nails are growing stronger with this:
they haven't broken to the nubs yet anyway

I LOVED this video, it's from the recent SAQA exhibit inspired by our views of nature. I am aware that some people are not concerned with our environment, but I believe this view to be shortsighted.

The video I share this time is of an innovative piece of art. The most important part to me was the artist's words.... her care and connection to the whole world, her belief that one person makes a difference. Ahhhh, my kind of thinking

It's a vimeo and I don't know how to embed that here but the link is
 https://vimeopro.com/saqa/naturalworlds/video/377402782

the link to see the whole exhibit and other artists explaining their work is here

Tomorrow I have some cool links for Paint Party Friday and more on Sewing Saturday

 
on a scary note: this was on the Writer's Almanac yesterday
It was on this day in 1918 that the first cases of what would become the influenza pandemic were reported in the U.S. when 107 soldiers got sick at Fort Riley, Kansas. It was the worst pandemic in world history. The flu that year killed only 2.5 percent of its victims, but more than a fifth of the world's entire population caught it — it's estimated that between 50 million and 100 million people died in just a few months. Historians believe at least 500,000 people died in the United States alone.

18 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Great likes. I have been inundated with the red winged blackbirds and their skreee call. Love seeing blue skies! Yay for organizing, and wisdom highlights in the hair! Mane and tail huh? Milo's coat is awesome too.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Good morning LeeAnna! Thanks for hosting today and sharing your likes. I love seeing the moon during the day myself. It's a surprise to look up and see it there. Milo is really stylin' his new coat. His friends won't laugh - he looks too cute and cool. They'd be jealous. ~smile~ Roseanne

Sara said...

Milo looks very handsome in his new coat. The full moon the other night was spectacular but we're back to clouds blocking our view.

We've had a case of COVID-19 here in our town. And a son-in-law works at a school that has closed due to a case where they live. Makes us think twice about going anywhere.

Joanne said...

Hi LeeAnna,
Great shot of the moon ! Thanks for the black bean recipe:) have to add that to the list of things to pick up tomorrow !
Still wearing gloves here! Love your winter knitted wear!
hugs,
Joanne

Molly the Airedale said...

I love your coat, Milo. There is nothing funny about being warm on our walkies, right?! I love it when mom puts coats on me.

PaintedThread said...

Different birds here than in Rehoboth. Learning a whole new set of songs (and I miss some of the old ones). I think Milo looks great in green-and-white polka dot! That quesadilla looks delicious. I may need to try making that.

Frosted! I've been told I twinkle. LOL And your nails look lovely.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Great shot of the daytime moon! Love your knitting and Milo's coat, too. I need a sticky roller for my design wall! Where is the best place to get them?

LA Paylor said...

this one was really cheap and good, from IKEA

Shannon said...

I love Milo's coat! I would wear a green polka dot coat if I could find one and I would pair it with your fun knit hat and scarf! How great to come across things you can easily finish or use!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

You made Milo such a cute coat! Thank you for the quesadilla recipe! It sounds so good. I'm a little nervous about the coronavirus. I feel it will be easy for me to get since I work in a hospital. I've been washing my hands constantly. I don't want to get it!

Su-sieee! Mac said...

I got treated to the moon,too, this morning when I opened the drapes. It totally started my day off right.
I like the deep, rich colors of your hat, LeeAnna.(Ah! This new eye of mine.) Folks thought I frosted my hair when it started getting streaks of grey. I was hip without trying, hhahaha.
Here's my link for this link -- https://www.su-sieeemac.com/2020/03/the-abc-creatures-revisted-part-2.html

Milo, your friends will envy your new coat. You just watch. Rfff.

Michelle said...

LOVE Milo's coat. I haven't tried Mane and Tail, but have heard good things about it. A quesadilla is a favorite of mine, no matter what you put into it. Thanks for linking up!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love the sound of the red-winged blackbird. Your hat is really cute and I like Milo's sweater. The Worm Moon was a beautiful sight. Take care and stay well. Enjoy your day! Have a great weekend!

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Love the colors on your hat and scarf! And that poodle protective coat is pawsitively adorable.

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

Quesadillas! Love em. I use a lint roller to clean my lamp shades and love it for cleaning the floor around my sewing machine if I’m in a hurry.

Michele McLaughlin said...

Nice likes! Love Milo's new fleece! Your hat and gloves are FAB! Have a great week!

Jean said...

Enjoyed reading your likes (and had no idea the 1917 flu started to close to my area...Ft Riley is roughly 2.5-3 hours from here.) Your post reminded me that I forgot to get a lint roller on my last Target trip, use them all the time for cat hair. Been thinking of you and hoping all is well!

Angie said...

Milo's coat is wonderful! I appreciate that you keep I Like Thursday going. We are all going to need that inspiration in the days and weeks to come! Stay well!