Sunday, January 24, 2016

I'll hold it! Another Cole caper

"oh my dog... you people just don't understand what it's like to do business in the deep snow!"
"I'll just hold it!"
We shoveled the path, sidewalks and porch before going to bed and woke to this...
front door
the snow made quite an impression!
didn't we just shovel that porch?
So far we got about a foot and a half and it is supposed to snow for another 20 hours or so.
DH went out before coffee (!) to shovel a pee path, a poodle sized slalom course. and Cole wouldn't go. Nope


Must have quite a tank.

Drew came in and had coffee and some breakfast and is back shoveling toward the street this time, not a tree. Hope Cole decides it's okay to make yellow snow soon.
"Daddy! Shovel toward the street! There must be one smelly spot left!"
Update: Cole finally peed. After a good 11 hours of holding it all night and morning. 
(NOTE: These pics were taken early Sat morning. It continued to blow and snow til around midnight. Cole fell so many times he became afraid of going out. He weighs 65 lbs and has never used a pee pad. He refused to even pee and the dog who poops three times a day, hasn't pooped in 36 hours. I am happy to report, DH finally came back in with him saying peer pressure worked! His girlfriend an Aussie Josie a neighbor, also nearly 14, was out. He 'went' to impress her!! Hallelujah )

"IT's not even funny any more y'all. I mean these old hips could break if I slip on ice!" Here I am at the apex of  Keep-going- and Go-back-into-the-house. I decided to go in but worry for Daddy who is still shoveling. 
Momma was out taking pictures. Don't they know enough to come in out of the cold?"

20 comments:

mlcquilts said...

I know what you are going through. My Murdock loves the snow but is terrified of rain. If it is raining, he will hold for the longest time. But finally he will give in - makes life interesting.

Angie said...

I know my dogs would freak out over snow. They won't even go outside for business in a light rain!

Joanne said...

Wow! That's quite the snow storm!
Great to see you're enjoying the beauty of it!
Take care,
Joanne

Joanne said...

Wow! That's quite the snow storm!
Great to see you're enjoying the beauty of it!
Take care,
Joanne

PaintedThread said...

Too funny. I'm glad the peer pressure finally worked!

Nancy A. Bekofske said...

Our Kamikaze will hold it forever when it rains. I understand! This winter we have had little snow, but to year ago we had 130 inches where we lived! We couldn't walk on the icy roads so we shoveled snow walks for our girls. Stay safe.

Sara said...

Made me laugh because I can remember my childhood dog standing outside - lifting 1 foot at a time trying to shake off the snow. She didn't like the feel of it on her feet. We lived in Minnesota so she did a LOT of that every winter.

Rike Busch said...

Wonderful snow-door-pics! *gg* We didn't have so much snow last week.
Greetings, Rike

DeAnna said...

Oh gosh....it's no fun for any species! Stay safe and hope y'all thaw soon.

gayle said...

Oh, poor snow-covered poodle... Is it possible to toilet-train a dog?
Glad to hear you're okay. Stay warm!

quiltedfabricart said...

You crack me up! Poor Cole ☹🐾

Maria said...

Wow look at that Snow Coat, how much do they sell them for??

Unknown said...

Oh my piggy mercy! That's a lot of the white stuff my friend. And I learned really quick in my young life, snow is COLD. You stay warm my sweets! XOXO - Bacon

mckittycat said...

Poor Cole! Having to endure such trials! Snow is pretty to look at but harder to live in especially so much in such a short time! Cole needs a snow suit and boots!

Norma Schlager said...

Poor Cole! Many years ago we had a St. Bernard who loved the snow. When we would shovel the driveway he would stay in the unshoveled part and would not be happy when it was all gone. Have you seen the pictures of the Panda at the National Zoo, frolicking in the show?It was so cute.
Good luck with the cleanup!

A Cavalier Life (x2) said...

looks like you had more snow than we did on the shore. Gypsy loves the snow. Poodles are great aren't they

Lisa said...

Geez your guys really got a lot of snow.. up north- not even a flake!

The Swiss Cats said...

Wow, that's a lot of snow, too much maybe ! Purrs

Unknown said...

Wow Cole, you can hold it a long time! Poodles covered in snow makes for a fun cleanup! Snow sticks so well to poodle fur!

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Haha! Cole (like all Standards) is demonstrating he has a bladder made out of cast iron! Way to go, Cole. Sam reminded me to digitally acknowledge his vindication for holding it all day long-sigh. ღ