Monday, October 26, 2015

Howl-aween walkabout


What? Go for a walk? I'm still woozy from my little nap under momma's halloween quilt, but okay.
Saturday evening we went for a wee Howl-aween walkabout and  first thing we saw were these little guys, all colorful and getting momma's attention...
Then, guess what we saw, and my momma went KA-razy for  this...
"A flamingo skeleton!!! I could NOT love this more", she squealed!
And the neighborhood was really skeleton friendly, I mean look at this guy...

" Hey, y'all! Come on in! " said the bony guy (love bones!)

Most of the homes on the street had done this fencing for the holiday...



Of course some of the spirits couldn't get out and about to decorate their cribs....
YOLO  (you only live once) a good sentiment for any time of year.
"Hey, you..."  
...the one in the black poodle suit!   Look over there!"


Cole says,
huh?? Wha' tha fizzy?
I've heard of some dogs being in crates and I've done some time myself heh heh, but that looks like it used to be a human! 





 uh, oh, that looks like trouble.
Those people want out!







Hey....who's this joker? I ain't 'fraid of no ghosts!!




Or am I???





If you want me I'll be snuggled up with my blankie....





22 comments:

Unknown said...

Fab holiday decorations!

easyweimaraner said...

the flamingo rocks and it's a great idea to use the boring pink ones to make a scary artpiece :o) ... uhoh! someone forgot Jack Sparrow in that cage last year ... seems we will not get another pirates of the caribbean movie :o)

Maria said...

Those are some awesome Halloween decorations. I so love the flamingo skeleton. I want one !!!!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Ohhhhhh! We don't have too many decorations in the neighborhood this year. Usually they are as big as christmas!

But we have this inside.......the skeleton dog! Keeps us in line........cause we know she had dogs before us......

Golden Daily Scoop said...

Love the decorations! So much fun!!

gayle said...

That flamingo!

Joanne said...

What a fun tour LeeAnna!

Joanne said...

What a fun tour LeeAnna!

Sheltie Times said...

Our neighbors put up the decorations a bit later to avoid vandalism. I suspect in a few days a haunted yard will appear across the street.

Talent Hounds said...

You got some crafty neighbours!

Lynette said...

Wow! What a fun neighborhood! We didn't plan to be, but we've been real bums this year and never got our decorations out. We did do a slew of jack-o'lanterns, at least. . .

MissPat said...

Now I think you're going to have to add a skeleton flamingo to the flock, even if it's not a rainbow color. After all, neither is brown. Oh what fun.

Kari Neumeyer said...

You live in a pretty scary neighborhood!

Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them said...

You sure live in a fun neighborhood! I can see everyone goes all out for Halloween. I love flamingo, that's hysterical!
Love & biscuits,
Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them

Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them said...

You sure live in a fun neighborhood! I can see everyone goes all out for Halloween. I love flamingo, that's hysterical!
Love & biscuits,
Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them

Jackie Bouchard said...

You look so cute under your blankie, Cole! The 'hood below ours does a really nice job of decorating. We had fun walking around there checking it out this weekend. (Our 'hood doesn't do much - no T or T'ers up here cuz it's hilly and dark with windy streets that don't have sidewalks! Not very safe for walking at night! plus... hilly!) Anyway, I saw some of those skeleton flamingos down there and I totally loved them as well! That one window that's boarded up w/ the people "trapped" inside is awesome!

Unknown said...

OMD please email mom where you got that Flamingo! She is totally obsessed with them and just had to put away all the ones from summer. Your walk looks like mine to the park, scary! Some of the decorations start making noise when you walk by them, yikes! Love Dolly

Ruth said...

Looks like fun! My two furballs will be snuggled up buried under their blanket to hide them from the fireworks this weekend. Hope you have fun and lots of treats!

Sara said...

Looks like that neighborhood has a LOT of fun with Halloween. And I'll bet the kids flock to this neighborhood to trick or treat.

Unknown said...

What a fun post and I'm jumping on the bandwagon and WILL have one of those skeleton flamingos in my yard next year too! After all, we have a full year to find and create one, right? I loved all the pics, just awesome!! :)

Ann said...

What a fun neighborhood. Thanks for sharing the cute pictures.

View From My Pram said...

PepiSmartDog: great Halloween photos! Always love your pictures.
Love Cole's blanket photo. Hee Hee!
Thank you for supporting our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop.
We always look forward to finding out what you got up to this week. Hee Hee!
Hope you’ll join us again next week too. *waves paw* :=o)