Sunday, December 25, 2016

We all need a laugh...

National gallery of art Rooftop gallery
 Which came first??? Looks like the Chicken came first and as to why he crossed the road your guess is as good as mine. 

  I thought we could use a laugh. I like to laugh and life can be hard this time of year for a lot of us. I watch Hallmark movies and long  for family. A place to belong and be loved.
Well, this post will be my attempt to make you chuckle along with me today.

First of all that's a tree made of seashells found in Newport RI recently. Love a tree, especially an artist's interpretation of a tree. We should protect artists, and encourage free thought don't you agree?
I saw these coasters available at the store PrimaVera Newport, and I related
tongue-in-cheek...
Click on them to read if you need to.
I've made unfortunate jokes with enforcement officers before. I used to work with them in the juvenile detention facility. 
They didn't feel I was all that funny. 

I recently mailed packages overseas and shocked at the cost said, "first class? no! Send them third class, no, FIFTH class! Put them on the back of a donkey! Ask someone already going to Europe to carry them!" 

The poor postal clerk laughed and laughed, and shook her little head. Sorry Charlie! 

Yesssssss, I suppose so...
Tired of getting manicures? Just buy these gloves available at the National Gallery of art...
Have you ever seen anything like this? The second floor of the entire house is up on jacks, and I guess some construction crew will come in and build a bottom floor now.
Hmmm we need a new home. We like the great outdoors. You'd have great views.
We caught this guy in the Smithsonian Dinosaur lab... merry Christmas

I'll leave you with a video of skaters going in circles at the Washington DC sculpture Garden on Christmas Eve... enjoy!
If you cannot play it from here, this is the youtube link   Click here!


19 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

I remember the time we went ice skating this morning....even my father went with us although he always had one hand on the barrier like the guy in the video... and yes, please keep me informed if the chicken lands in your mailbox first or the egg... or in case of our snail-la poste we would get the egg with the hatched chicklet after 3 weeks or so :lo)

PaintedThread said...

What fun, all around. :-)

Norma Schlager said...

Merry Christmas! Love those cocktail napkins.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Merry Christmas to you and your hubby - those coasters are so much fun and that giant blue chicken, oh my!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I firmly believe in starting everyday with a chuckle - so I never miss the comics in the newspaper! (Ooh - there's an idea for my next I Like post!). I loved those coasters you found! Lots of good chuckles there. Wishing you a lovely day today. Hugs!!!

Unknown said...

The coasters made me laugh out loud! Have a Merry Christmas. 🎄

sonja said...

i recall at about age 6 or 7 I had a green corduroy skating skirt that was lined in a plaid taffeta. i skated at Rockefeller Center once as my aunt and uncle lived in NYC. Thank you for the gift of joy you see and share with us! Merry Christmas to you and your hubby!
Sonja

Sara said...

Merry Christmas. I do feel the lack of extended family most this time of year. But we did spend Christmas Eve with our children and grandchildren. So life is good.

The coasters were too funny! Love the silly ones best.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

LOL - I sent packages to and was amazed at the cost - more then the contents were worth!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Yes, free thought. I wholeheartedly encourage that for artists, too.

I hope this new year brings you peace. You deserve peace, my friend. And love.

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Thanks for the smiles and wagnificent art work this year. Looking forward to loads more in 2017. Hugs,

Michele McLaughlin said...

Love this post!!! Merry Christmas to you dear LeeAnna! My mom encountered the same problem mailing overseas--spent $50 for a $30 gift!!! Hope you have a grand week! Hugs!

MissPat said...

Oh what fun. Love the coasters. For some reason I didn't get any email posts after about noon yesterday. Maybe gmail took the day off. Anyway, now I have lots of catching up to do. Sun is shining here (yea) and we didn't get the freezing rain that was forecast.

Joanne said...

Hi LeeAnna,
I'll have to give my gardening gloves a treatment!
Thanks for sharing! THe tiles are fun!
Take care,
Joanne

Bonnie said...

Thanks for the laughs. Yes, multiple chuckles as I read through your blog. Let's hear it for a spanking new year coming our way: more time to quilt and do things we like.

Kaja said...

Giant blue chickens - perfect for a Christmas smile! I chuckled along with you, although we live so far apart.

Ann said...

Cute photos. I think your dinosaur and my smilosaurus should have been pals; they certainly have enormous teeth.
I like the shell tree and the starfish tree next to it. Something more to look for at the beach.
And what fun to watch that house becoming two-story. I'm so glad they are keeping at least part of the original. So much more interesting.

claudia said...

Freethought is a good thing!
I love the big blue chicken...I just love chickens, period.
Thank you for all the chuckles. You are so kind to think of us all. I especially loved the coasters. I used to joke around with people, some were very receptive, others not so much...their loss!
We had a quite-ish Christmas. Two of my daughters were here, their dad. Which makes for fun times, cuz one daughter absolutely can't stand him. (He was a very absent father with loads of promises, broken.) I'm trying to heal old wounds, and they were decent to each other. She even brought him new fuzzy pajama bottoms for Christmas!
Though I love the day, I am glad it has passed and I am looking forward to the new year with all it's promises of new adventures!
Happy New Year to you and your hubby! I'm also looking forward to more blog sharing and fun artsy things going on!!!

Teresa B said...

Thank you for cheering up my day, I'm so glad you could join The Really Crafty Link Party this week. Happy New Year!