Welcome to this week's " I Like" list !
2.I like Cuddle Duds.
3.I Like the writer's almanac http://writersalmanac.org/
I subscribe and receive a daily mix of history about events and authors. A quote from Flaubert resonated with me today:
"Be regular and orderly in your life so that you may be (violent and) original in your work."
He is a writer (Madame Bovary ) who agonized over his work overcoming self doubt. I can relate.
I wonder if he's right., the more organized you are, the more able you are to create in the studio? Nah!
Could he have gone on the title?
This year I picked out the new one, Sexy Divide that is a wonderful purple metallic shade.
I wash my hands a lot, and my skin dries out in winter, so keeping my nails polished helps keep them strong.
6. I Like this little Olfa Barrel shaped mesh holder. I got it to give away but kept it (ever do that? lol!)
Anyway It is so useful on the round coffee table for remotes and nail files, and pens and glasses! All that with a handle to lift it up and look inside. Got it at Joann with a coupon. Best buy this week!
7. I Like "free-tables" at bee.Check out my recent post and giveaway Click to read and enter the drawing
8. I like Sonja in Hawaii. Her Link is: sonjahagemanndesigns
I like her and her blog about living a creative life in Hawaii. It's full of the most beautiful pictures, and these painted Santas made from fabric.
9. I like really fresh citrus fruit.
I grew up in Florida, in a fruit family. My adoptive father was a fruit broker and I rode along with him many times as he drove through groves counting fruit, measuring sugar content, and negotiating with owners. He often came home with bags of fruit for us. Little did he know I'd end up paying lots of dough for that now!
I have my favorites which I can't find up here, but I love Murcott Oranges and Duncan white grapefruit. They are full of seeds but the most tasty sweet and juicy. Lucky Floridians.
These are generic navals and ruby grapefruit all clean and shiny.
10. I like what my family called ambrosia. It is made of grapefruit segments, naval segments, fresh pineapple chunks, shredded coconut, cherries and banana slices. This box will be a good start on this year's.
11. I Like the Great American Baking show on TV.
This is the same format as the Great British Baking show that I watch on PBS but done here in America.
I missed several episodes as it's on opposite to Project Runway.
P.R. is ending this week however, so I'll be taping the baking show this week. Never seen it? Oh it's so much fun. Home cooks are given three challenges each week, and famous bakers judge their efforts. VERY creative, and I've learned a lot by just enjoying the show.
Remember when I recommended The Durells in Corfu on PBS? It's back in rerun, so run over to see it!
Last but not least...
12. I like hand sewing while on road trips or in front of the TV. I pieced the triangles I tried to give away a few months ago. They made 10 and a half circles. Some unknown quilter cut them out and marked all sewing lines. I don't know what she planned for them but I saw little peppermints. I plan to finish their edges and applique them to a table runner as little Christmas Candies.
And your bonus little Christmas cheer... my friend Pat loves praying mantis, so she warmed one up this year by knitting him a sweater...
That's it for this week. Do you enjoy these lists? Do you write an "I like" post that I can list too? Let me know, either in comment or from my email on the right side of the blog.
Do you like my i like posts? more over HERE
Check out these fine people:
4. musings of a menopausal woman