1. I like paintings, and admire trompe l'oeil, paintings that fool the eye. This was under a bridge in the town of Frederick. Believe it or not, it's just a painting.
We went to the city of Frederick Saturday night for their "first Saturday" Christmas event. There were lots of musicians, the stores were open and full of glee (also wine, cookies & cider) Here is more cow art
|Drink up pups! A store put out this lovely seasonal water bowl|
|that bag says, "Happy Everything"|
The shop owner said it was just a pressure curtain rod with strings of lights hung (looped) over it.
She gave us hot cider and told us all about living in Frederick.
I really like that city.
8. I like listening to books on cd while I'm in the studio. Just listened to another by author Susan Wiggs, called The Apple Orchard. Since starting the blog I keep track of a most books I read on my
Book Reviews page here
I read two books at once: by listening to one in the studio, and reading one in bed at night.
9. I like the tv series "Murdoch Mysteries" filmed in Canada.
The 9th series just became available on disc, and thankfully our library had it! Yea! Like an old friend.
It is set circa 1899 and has terrific fun who-done-it's we can't figure out til the end. The show foreshadows future inventions, has characters from history, is intelligently written and fun to watch.
The show has strong female leads too.
10. I Like studio tours and enjoyed Anne's bright and happy sewing space, check out this page of posts with pics of her studio
11. I liked this Zuni Native American man I interviewed this weekend in New Market MD. He is Zuni but also carries Navajo art.
They all have meanings which he will share with you.
For instance the bear is for strength, introspection and spiritual journey through life. My husband likes the wolf, teacher, sharing knowledge, pathfinder. The little stone is a reminder of what you want to manifest.
There is more to like but I'll stop here.
If you enjoy these posts, there are 12 others under the label "I like" over there ==>
Please consider writing a post of things you liked this week. Let me know and I'll include a link to it!
We need to see good things these days don't we?
Check out these fine folks: