Sunday, March 1, 2015

Tiffany's Tote

Size 13" wide by 15" long by 4" deep
 
I showed you the nurses fabric collected to make my niece Tiffany a tote bag. I had a half yard of black and two quarter yards of the others.

The tote came out so cute! The picture isn't great but the bag is. If I were a nurse I'd want it!




One side has a quilted pocket with cool sayings on it.

This is the other side.

I used peltex stabilizer for body, including the straps.
I covered a strip of stabilizer with red fabric, sewed lines of quilting to support it.

The band aid fabric is pieced in with a little flange of white, to remind you of old time crisp white nurses hats.

It stands out a bit, can't see it in pics but it does.

I pretty much used up all the fabric.

I had a little bit of the words fabric left so I made up a little zipper bag pattern. Thanks to my friend pugmom for showing me how to do the zipper end covers. tutorial

I lined it with some hearts because I love her.
I taught her to quilt when she was about 8. We were at the fabric store, and when I asked if I was buying the fabric in her hands she asked, " well, who gets the scraps if you buy it? " 

a peek into the insides
  Want to see the fabric my friend (link Maggie Winfield)  sent me from her fabric romp through LA.
It was a double surprise seeing something in the mail from Maggie, and seeing doggie fabric! Love it, love her!! Thank you for making me feel special, Maggie!
Yesterday I got this in the mail
A piece of hand inked, screen printed special fabric from my friend Lisa Filion (upstatelisa.blogspot.com/)
I was visiting her blog, and saw her playing with color and mentioned I sure would love this.

 She sent it to me! Wowie! Lucky me and now I need to make something fun with it. To remind me that it may be raining ice today. I may still be coughing. I may have a studio disaster area, but I also have some great friends.

Have you ever wished you could set up a special little neighborhood with all your special friends living nearby? Ahh, if I were queen....







9 comments:

Maria said...

Wowza! I love the bag..and the zip bag is awesome. You did an amazing job. She is gonna love it:-)

Jasmine said...

Lucky niece. If I was a nurse I'd want it too.

sonja said...

great nurse tote and back story.
yes, and ifif you were in my neighborhood, i would be blissed out!
and shortly be borrowing a cuppa....

Joanne said...

Wow! LeeAnna! That was a quick project! You just showed us the fabric!
Looks great!
At least we have blog land and emails to keep connected!
Take care,
Joanne

Lisa said...

I love the tote! and the fabrics are so cute! I love novelty fabrics! Glad the tea cup arrived! It would be fun to live in art/craft filled neighborhood of friends! Have a great week!

Nann said...

The nurse fabric is just great -- and the tote turned out so well. What a special gift!

AlidaP said...

So fun projects! Thanks for sharing those fun fabrics, I have people in the medical profession in my family and now I know which fabric to use in their next christmas presents ;)

Ruth said...

Lovely tote! I love the doggy fabric though!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Lol! Aughhh if we were queen is right...as gathering all our bffs on one neighborhood would be so fun!!! Afternoon tea at a different spot everday! Okay...got to say love the nurse tote and especially the fabric! (Bandaids❤️)She is going to wear this one out for sure! IM inspired to watch out for teacher fabric now!