Thursday, March 5, 2015

Cole's snowcones

 Well, the final snowstorm of the season has begun.
My good husband, hunter and gather that he is, hunted down fuel for the generator this morning.
Then he took Cole for a constitutional so he could do some business. The snow was covering a layer of sleet and ice, and I'm not so good on slippery stuff so I watched.
Cole enjoys a snow cone. Remember those? Shaved ice with flavorings?
Since no one has offered him a cherry flavored one, he settles for chipmunk flavor and bark-uums up several mouthfuls on a walk.

 Reminds me of the first time he saw a beach. He got all excited and ran out into the sand and grabbed a big mouthful of it!  He looked at me with disgust as he tried in vain to spit out the sand, as if to say, what the bark?! Why'd you trick me?

 Cole has an extra thick layer of long poodle insulation since we have missed grooming lately. With his wizard coat he seems comfortable.
Thankful for quilting today, as I am not without projects to keep me off the street.
LeeAnna and Cole

8 comments:

Joanne said...

Hi LeeAnna,
What a winter you are experiencing!
You must have really seen enough snow by now!
Great that you can use it to your advantage to quilt!
Take care,
Joanne

Maria said...

Loved shaved ice!! Enough of this snow ... I'm not patiently waiting for Spring.
Cole looks like he had some fun though:-)

Martha Ginn said...

I love it . . . chipmunk flavored snow cones. Cole, you're quite the dog.

PugMom said...

LarryPug wants Cole to know that he enjoys a good snow cone too! We have a life time supply right now... will it ever melt?

Ann said...

He is indeed a handsome fellow. {Both of them.} Although one has some odd predilections.

Unknown said...

I have to say I'm glad our boys haven't been sampling the snow cones in our backyard! Though I can't say the same for their best friends that come over!

Love your jacket, Cole! Hopefully you won't need it for too much longer though!!

Ruth Cox aka abitosunshine said...

Being that I live in a beach community I can certainly understand your dog not appreciating that mouthful of sand, oh my!

Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them said...

A mouthful of snow is oh so much better than a mouthful of sand!!
Love & Biscuits,
Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them