Monday, January 19, 2015

A little red wagon, a duck and a poodle

 What's this???
My favorite toy right now is that duck.
When I come in from outside I check to make sure the duck is in the toy box, or better yet, where I left it.
It has taken over the role of Favorite Toy from the giraffe ball that held the title for my first 10 years of life. 
 Now I find it sitting with the (lesser) toys in the new little red wagon? Then Mommy pulls it around and around me for a reaction?!

What am I? A Circus Poodle? What does she want me to do, pull the wagon around the floor with my mouth? Grab my duck out of the wagon?
Truth be told I want to grab that duck out of the wagon, because it's too precious to let mom play with. She might give it a bath and lose the balance of spit to fleece ratio.
 We saw this wagon in a shop window in Annapolis at Christmas,  (check out the post HERE)  and yes I look in shop windows.

I shop.

When allowed inside I look at every shelf and at every display in shops. I don't understand this prejudice against poodles that some shop keepers have.
Anyway, I have to think about the problem of this wagon a bit.... and wait for Mommy to go upstairs so I can relocate the duck.
Some toys are just too good to let humans play with.
Cole
(other poodle puppy ponderings here under this label poodle puppy ponderings)
Linking to Monday Mischief Blog Party

18 comments:

Flea said...

That's a cute little duck. I think you need a goat for company. A poodle and a goat. I can just see it now ...
www.dogtreatweb.com

Talent Hounds said...

What you got to do for a photo op sometimes LOL

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Hmmm....mom hasn't put toys in a wagon yet, but don't give her any ideas there. We can't have soft squeaking, we destroy them. BIt our bones are very precious. We can't imagine them in a wagon, rattling all around.

Oh. My mom says to tell y.our mom that she adores that cow!!!!

Maria said...

Cole, you look so cute in your jam jams!
And your duck is adorable... I have the same wagon that Piglet sat in when she was a puppy:-)

Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them said...

Cole you are such a cutie pie. I love that you like to shop. We gave our Husky her first ducky toy for Christmas, one that squaks. She's been obsessed ever since!
Love & Biscuits,
Cathy, Isis & Phoebe
www.dogsluvusandweluvthem.blogspot.com

LA Paylor said...

Cathy, thanks for the compliments! We got Cole a duck that squawks too, and he won't get near it. He loves the chirping birds you can get at Joann's but breaks them within one day. He has fun for a day.
LeeAnna

Groovy Goldendoodles said...

Pretty soon you're wagon will resemble the famous ark LOL - cute photos!

Jackie Bouchard said...

He's so cute! It's so sweet that he has a favorite toy. Rita has a few toys she seems to favor and she doesn't try to destroy them, so I guess they're her favorites, but she doesn't have such dedication to one toy like Cole does!

Beyond the Dog Dish said...

My sister had a black standard - very playful dogs. OH oh, I maybe here a while, I have a love of kantha quilts.

Unknown said...

It's true...you cannot let the humans play with all your toys. Some are just for us pups! Happy WW

Unknown said...

You got a whole gang of toy buddies there! Tell that duck I said "quack!" *wags* - Gilligan from WagsAhoy.com

Unknown said...

Did you make that little vest that Cole is wearing!? If so, we are gonna need some PJ's too!

LA Paylor said...

I did make his t-shirt. He has three now, from a pattern I adapted for Cole's deep chest. One is a wizard shirt, one is red with leopard trim! I'll do a blogpost on them soon.
LeeAnna

Andrea @ This Pug Life said...

Well, it WOULD be pretty cute if you pulled the wagon around - just saying!

The Dogvine said...

The duck is cool. Maybe you could just relocate the "lesser" toys out of the wagon, then the duck would have his own wagon - quite fitting for his standing in the toy hierarchy no? Wags & Woofs from Teresa, Belinha, Moelque & Nina (The Dogvine Crew).

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Looks like you have a lot of friends in your little red wagon!

M. K. Clinton said...

Your duck is cute. ☺ Just tell your mom that you have to get your duck in a row, then move it to your special spot.

The Wagon Store said...

red color wagon looks too good...!!!!
folding wagon with canopy