I'm going through a rough time can't talk about it, but I've never quite been this lonely and hopeless.
That said it's been hard to be creative with so much on my plate I didn't ask for... still
when you have a creative spirit, it wants to be expressed and brings a sort of normalcy to the unpredictability of change.
even in photography... seeing a wonderful light effect and capturing the moment
the color of the month at RSC is one of my favorites. I have loved yellow in all it's tones since high school.... I took yellow flowered sheets away to college and my granny's yellow scrap quilt.
| one of my little prep bowls |
I am finally on my way to another yellow spiral hexie block
my yellow scrap bin is stuffed with color and pattern, and it felt therapeutic to handle them allI have been sewing my GGG blocks together, 11 blocks wide, and 5 strips together so that maybe I can quilt them without injury to myself, then put those sections together after quilting. With borders and another row added to the last of 3 sections, it might cover my toesies in bed.
It is glorious so far
now to choose some quilting design| in 3 large sections so far |
11 comments:
Sorry that you’re feeling lonely. Remember that there are those of us out here following you and praying for health and healing for you. Wishing you joy this week. Go hug Alphie, it will help.
I was never a fan of yellow when I was younger but at my age now - I love it. It's so cheerful. Love your hexie blocks and your prep bowl!
Glorious indeed! Yes! Great colors.and a pattern that holds the interest!
Whatever you are going through, may you get to the other side soon. Some journeys stretch us in ways we'd rather not experience. I like to believe that in the end, we are better for the experience. . .although, I might conclude that thought when the experience is well behind me! Your yellow spiral is beautiful. Yellow has become a happy color for me. Straight lines could be a quilting option for your GGG project. If you are worried about keeping the lines straight, you could use a serpentine stitch instead. Best wishes to you.
I am so sorry that you are going through something that is bringing you down. Please remember that your followers are there to comfort and support you. Your yellow hexie spiral is beautiful. I like the bee hexies. As for the quilting, how about stitching through the middle of the U shapes (in other words stitching another U) and an X in the little squares. Keeping you in my thoughts. Hugs.
I hope you can find some peace while creating!
Creating is good therapy! I love your yellow hexie spiral - especially those bees. Sending love and prayers your way.
Oh friend! You are in my prayers. Some events are so challenging, knocking us clear off our feet. I was happy to see your new hexie swirl, especially in yellow - one of my favorite colors. Hugs to you.
First, give me yellow any day. I love how you have put all of the shades together to create something brilliant. Second, I know you are going through a lot and something you never thought would happen. Lonely will come and go. But remember, you are a strong, vibrant, intelligent, talented, and beautiful woman who can conquer anything. Hugs.
I say keep the quilting simple. Straight lines on either side of the seams will be easier for you than free motion given your back situation. I like this one a lot. there is such good color distribution.
Pat
Here's to your creativity, I hope you feel better soon!
Post a Comment