Thursday, August 27, 2026

I Like Thursday # 520 did you like school, is it hot where you are? a lovely rose and a poodle

 

Full moon alert! This was Tues night... LOVE the smoky clouds swirling around it! 

reflection shot

believe it or not, this is my shadow shot this week.... it was strong in person

it was a high bunny count nightime  last pee for Alfie, so he may have forgotten the purpose of going out altogether in the chase

He said it was his like this week, and gave him a head rush

Loved this sky view
but it was hot on this walk causing my poodleboy to just.... lie.... down


oh NO you don't, we are not setting up camp here, come on!!!

okay, mama, done at slow speed


lastly, LOVE the sun on this rose... looks like a painting doesn't it?

conversation starter this week: 

did you look forward to starting school (either elementary, junior high, senior high or Uni ?) 

I think I always looked forward to the new school year, new teacher in elementary, new desk, new notebooks, new books to cover in brown paper bags.... new school shoes!!! 

Of course there were also new PE uniforms that made even the skinny among us look fat, new KEDS to write our names on, new musical instruments to carry around all year in band and heavy wool uniforms in band complete with hat plumes that have been worn by hundreds of students (don't worry they were probably dry cleaned) 

Did I tell you this was in sunny Florida? 

the real excitement came in starting University.... setting up my own schedule, buying books, getting a USF t-shirt, and highlighters to ruin my new books with... good times! 

A highlight for me was going to the church school out of state which meant staying in a dorm, whee! My second year of Uni was spent in TN and i loved the dorm experience! Remember it was a church school so they watched us like a hawk, we went to chapel every morning, and they frowned on wearing make up and jeans in the 70's. Still... I liked sort of being on my own, no parent to wake me if I didn't have an early class to attend, no parent to remind me to brush my teeth or not wear jeans. 

I always liked learning, and was successful in it, so aside from coping with snotty students who made fun of a girl with big feet to grow into, I enjoyed school



OMG this is brilliant... if you have a drill bit like this and know how to use it! 

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Fj0rUM_d8jc



despite all this extreme heat, winter is coming. We had almost no snow last year but.... 

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/r-vzEuIZZq0

I am totally depressed about things I can't really discuss here, but if you have a prayer you're not using, I am at an all time low about home life.... sometimes you just keep putting one foot in front of the other hoping it will eventually work out.... but I am at my all time low... still love y'all, still trying to see the good in life.... 

Please visit these folks to see what they liked this week


Grammajudyb.blogspot.com

https://brianshomeblog.com/  

http://itsasmalltownlife.blogspot.com/   

https://llbinourbackyard.blogspot.com/ 



No comments: