Saturday, August 17, 2024

a bit of creativity Orange, pink, green

 

I dragged myself to the studio this week, in between sleeps, and finishted the EPP basted block in the color this month, Orange, 

It's bright and pretty and done, It was a monumental task in my weakened condition! Yea! 

While in there I found scraps that could be cut into raw edge petals...

they are just laying on the table
then I put them on a green scrap and need to tweak them to look more uneven.
I need to find a brighter green too. 
My goal is to sew it down with lots embroidery and texture. Lines of straight stitch with thick threads


while trying to have a bite of breakfast this week, I doodle on a leftover box that held muffin cups. I used my posca pens (I only have 5) that are opaque acrylic paint

and it's kind of cool. Drawn over the adverts on the box, a different image on each side. 

doodles

13 comments:

Sara said...

Loving how you played with orange this week. Those EPP circles are fantastic in every color!!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I think orange is a too-often-neglected colour.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on getting your EPP bits of ORANGE together, LeeAnna! It's good to see that you found a way to do some art, too.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

When our granddaughters were younger we had them for the day, one of the fun projects was decorating our boxes and making structures with them. So, your breakfast doodling brought back fond memories.

The EPP block looks great with each hexie cut from the same fabric, but other fabrics used for the alternate shape. Can't wait to see this collection of blocks come together.

grammajudyb said...

Your EPP blocks are so so wonderful. This newest one is fantastic. Love your doodles! I sense a theme of pointy petaled flowers!

Jill said...

Nice EPP. It can be a challenge to find nice orange fabrics without being pumpkiny. Well coordinated with the plaid hexies as connectors.

CathieJ said...

That EPP block is gorgeous! I hope you start feeling yourself soon.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Ooooh, that's a pretty orange EPP block! It looks like yummy as a pie ;) Love this cute flower too, with the sunflower center. Posca pens are great, you did great with them. Well done managing to make art this week. Hugs.

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Great job, made even more impressive given that's you've been under the weather and wiped out energy wise. Hugs and tail wags.

Michelle Suzanne said...

I’m sorry you’re feeling bad. Your orange flower is lovely!

sonja said...

sorry you are not feeling better. thank you for posting your art adventures in spite of low energy. rest is good.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

outstanding use of orange!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Your oranges are so vibrant. I like the petals for the flower - so pretty - and perfect for end of summer