Thursday, August 22, 2024

I Like Thursday #416 a new fountain, favorite meal prompt, and poodle

 

We ordered a new fountan from Wayfair,. Great price, fast delivery, It's so nice to hear moving water while sitting on the back porch. DH and Milo sit out there, I'm too sick still, but I asked for the fountain. 

We had one in Maryland but it broke after many years, /what a treat it is to haven another one


I think this is a sage bush above, and don't know the one below

water restrictions led us to not do flowers this year just the perenials that came up as bushes.
a volunter butterfly bush flowr

a volunteer little sunflower bush who blew into town two years ago

that's it for me this week., 
pleasve visit these folk to read their likes list



 Now this is something we CAN do to help nature

https://youtube.com/shorts/iKDmEvB1TtI?si=1gcaxgWDgZPg6xuk

at the least, stop picking up hermit crab shells


 

Our prompt this week is  what is your favorite meal of the day? do you have a favorite food for that mealI 

 Free Vectors | Pasta_meat sauce

 

 

like dinners because you eat more at dinner. I love angel hair spagetti with meat sauce, onions, garlic, bell peppers, mushcrooms. 

I am allergic to beef and pork so I make it wit ground chicken or turky. We make enough to save half the sauce to make lasagna with. 

It's hard to eat an official serving of angel hair, we eat too much. 

That said, I've not been able to eat much of anything for the last 30 days because of whatever is tormenting me. 

Milo's moment: I want to eat whatever Mama eats but she won't let me., I like Lunch the best since I often get to eat outside at lunch

I am a punctual doggie. I get my wishbone treat at 7 pm, my almond butter treat (pill) at 8 pm, and if my ears get cleaned I get little treats in  food toy., In between all that I eat my kibble. Dessert comes  later and I wait to eat kibble til my cookie is gone, don't want to be too full for that! 

Garrincha for Reader's Digest

Mom-brella



18 comments:

Duke said...

Love your new fountain and I hope it gives you HOURS of enjoyment! The sage flower is so pretty and the think the flower below is potentilla?

Tigger's Mum said...

The yellow bush is potentilla. It's a beautiful bright one. Sorry to read you are suffering - I must read back and catch up on happenings and creativity. Give Milo a hug from me. TM

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I love the sound of a water fountain, both a big one outdoors or a little table top one indoors. Trickling water sounds are very soothing and calming!

JustCallMeElle said...

I'm sorry to read that you are still ill. I hope that you are soon in recovery mode.

Cool fountain. We like to sit on the deck in the evenings (Maryland) and listen to the peeper frogs.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a pretty fountain! We've had one in our backyard for a long time and I love the sound of it. Your angel hair pasta meal sounds yummy! I love anything Italian. And I'm with Milo - eat dessert first!

Cloudia said...

Lol Milo I sure hope your humans feel much better very soon. How nice that there are flowers even though you were saving water. Pasta is a wonderful meal. Thank you friends! Aloha
https://comfortspiral.blogspot.com/2024/08/by-kindness.html?m=0

Susie H said...

I sure hope you get to feeling better and really soon! That fountain looks really nice. I think I'd enjoy one too. Anyway, I notice that I'm still on the Taking a Break list. Any chance we can change that? I'm late this week but I've been posting again regularly the last several weeks. Might've slipped past you since you've been in so much pain & sickness.

Brian's Home Blog said...

You new fountain sounds very relaxing. We'd sure be thankful if you felt better soon, right handsome Milo?!?! Thanks for joining Angel Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

PaintedThread said...

We talk about getting some kind of water works in our yard. Your fountain looks terrific! Your flowers are pretty. We have Russian sage that is blooming. I want to say the yellow flowers are primrose, but I'm not sure. Mmm.. pasta. I haven't had any in three weeks (can't wait for this elimination diet to be over!)

Sandee said...

I love Milo first of all and your new fountain is beautiful. The flowers are too.

Have a fabulous Thankful Thursday. Scritches to Milo. ♥

Unknown said...

Thinking of you ❤️ hope you can hear the water from inside. Anne

Sara said...

The fountain is lovely, and I'm sure you will all enjoy it. Hopefully you will begin feeling better soon.

Babajeza said...

I'm sorry to hear that you are still not well. The fountain is lovely. Does it attract birds? All the best! Regula

My GBGV Life said...

Love the I forgot where I parked joke, that is so funny!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I can understand you loving the fountain, the sound of water is so soothing and there's nothing I like more than sitting by our pond listening to the fountains running and the fish gently swimming around, apart from when I feed them and then it's a mad house Lol! We've not had any water restrictions as such though not as much rain as usual but we now have four waterbutts and I'm so pleased we got the extras as they have been a god send. Favourite meal has to be Salmon and pasta. We don't eat a lot of red meat and any sort of fish or seafood is good. Whatever Milo eats he looks very fit on it. Take care and hope you're feeling better soon. Hugs Angela xXx

Lisca said...

What a beautiful fountain! The sound of water is so relaxing and can be quite healing. I hope you will be well enough to come down and enjoy it soon.
I love angel hair spaghetti too! It wasn't available in Italy where we lived back then, but it was in the Netherlands (strangely)
You have lovely bushes in spite of the water restrictions. We've had a drought for years but luckily no restrictions yet. As we don't live in a tourist are, not many people have swimming pools. Where my sister lives, on the coast, it is a bit more of a problem.
Enjoy your weekend,
Lisca

The Joyful Quilter said...

What beautiful flowers, LeeAnna, and congrats on your lovely new fountain! I am a big fan of your favorite meal. The serving size listed on the box of pasta NEVER seems like enough, does it?!

Tails Around the Ranch said...

What a beautiful fountain! The sound must be very soothing. I think your 'sage' is actually a blue mist spirea but I could be wrong. The yellow is definitely potentilla. Feel better.