then I fussy cut some 7" squares, and figured out how to nip the corners off using my 3" ruler's 45 deg markings... where they converged was the perfect place to cut, meaning I didn't even need my own drawn template! Drawing it just allowed me to discover how to cut with the ruler.
I didn't want to waste a 42 piece layer cake for the 25 squares needed for this quilt, so I picked 25 prints for the octagons... Whee! I obviously centered the part of the print I wanted to see...
you'll need 1.5" strips in colors and whites... and since I wasn't using layer cake cut offs, I just went thru all my small scraps to find ones to use on the sort of pineapple blocks from the pattern
and got ready to sew sew sew!
I was going to show you the small improv piece started last week but blogger has really messed up images so I just hope all my work to cut paste and center works for this post.