Thursday, September 6, 2018

I Like Thursday #105 Pumpkins, scrolls and springs

We had a busy week here at Chez Paylor. Welcome to this week's list of likes...
We went to the garden/produce center and Milo wanted a pumpkin.(It's just a little too early to get that kind of pumpkin, Pumpkin.) Even to get one of these kind, seen at a store in Manitou Springs

 But DH did come home with one of these from the grocery store

Ah Fall.

I like Fall flamingos...
 Did you think you were leaving here without a flamingo picture? Ha! I thought this was very clever!

This week I liked working in the studio building a design wall.
Details on that later... just know I cut the gray felt two inches too small to comfortably pull to the back.
Ack

 We managed to see the Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit at the Denver Science Center.
 No pictures allowed, but the history lessons were astounding. Many records and written reports were hidden away to save them from the advancing Roman army who was intent on destroying Jerusalem. While waiting to get in, we visited the puzzles/games exhibit...
WOW! I thought what fun to go with a group of people and have a games scavenger hunt with teams! We teamed up with a 9 year old girl to solve some of the puzzles!
 I plan to return as this was so much fun! Lots of stations and puzzles to do. It was packed, adults and kids alike using their smarts.

I liked this fountain at the garden center... it was so pretty in person, but Milo and the rabbits here would treat it like a big water bowl. 

While picking out peaches, and tomatoes we decided to try their little cafe for chili rellenos
and yum. So, you can buy a bushel of peppers and they will roast them for you here.

We drove to Manitou Springs on Sunday for a craft show and to see the area.
I got a tie-dyed shirt/tunic that will be pretty with capri leggings soon, since it's cooling down.
I liked the buildings in the town...
The town seems to be full of artists and individuals.
lots of people and dogs and people who like dogs
Lots of towns here have mountain backdrops. I like the western fronts to many buildings and took several shots, including this one

trying to get the building and almost missed the three birds hiding in the bush next to me. See them?

We got a beautiful hand made pottery spoon rest (useful items should be pretty right?)

at the Vault, the original bank building... look at the gorgeous ceiling! Silver and gold!
Like a dresden plate quilt pattern!

Speaking of quits I spent some time at Joann's and got this cool box on sale...
you didn't think you were getting out of here without a cow did you? I purchased some light gray felt to cover the new design wall, and some great deals on fat quarters too.

I wrote a story that touched my own heart... in case you missed it, it's (HERE!)

And remember...

Milo's Moments

Hi Y'all! I had fun playing this week.
I like it when the door is open to the screen so I can see what my pawrents are up to but still chase bunnies. 
Here I am playing Spinx
I especially love playing "WILD POODLE PUPPY" at 10 pm with my pawrents! I race around, run in circles, growl, grab their hands, tempt them to chase me with toys! Oh you should hear the laughter! 
(and thundering sound of enormous poodle feet!) No pictures cause they'd be a blur and the paprazzi isn't here that late. 

I liked these new treats Mama got me
 Don't tell Mama but I like being clean and having my hair pretty, so even though I felt the need to fight off Edward Scissor Hands, I kind of like how I look after...
Mama seems intent on shaving all around my pads and toes... don't you hate how the shaver tickles your feet? I do. But now I am cooler and feel great! And Mama doesn't go Peee-ewwww when I walk by. 

Now please visit these people keeping track of things they liked this week! 

maryinpeoriahandmade.blogspot.com
.http://littlepenguinquilts

  .http://homesewnbyus
http://3poodlesandanana.blogspot.com/

http://imworkingonaproject.blogspot.com/
https://grammasquiltingroom.blogspot.com/
craftscaviescontras
http://sandysnowden.blogspot.com/

Minou's Minute 
https://quiltingreadersgarden.blogspot.com/  
https://whataboutrheema.blogspot.com/


  Linking to these parties
wednesdays around the world 
pet-parade- 
sundays in the city
Pink Saturday!
viewingnaturewitheileen.blogspot.com/
saturdays-critters-

flower friday pets 
http://backroadstraveller.blogspot.com/
Thankful Thursdays pet parade
http://goodrandomfun.blogspot.com
http://itsasmalltownlife.blogspot.com/ 

32 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Milo gets handsomer every day! Great camouflage on the birds; I had to look three times to see them.

Judy D in WA said...

Another fabulous week of Likes! I'n not quite ready for fall. Around here that means rain, rain and more rain! No, not quite ready.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Milo is such a good looking guy! I'm glad he keeps an eye on you! I'm enjoying all the pumpkin things coming out here and there, too. Manitou Springs looks like an interesting town to visit!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Wow, I love how you are always on the go and taking in so many interesting events, sights, etc. And sharing them.

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

O my -what a fun post- I felt like I took a little trip. I'm likin that spoon rest. And, those pumpkins- it's a good sign of cooler weather to come here in 2 months! Ugh! That must have been cool to see the Dead Sea Scrolls. It's wonderful they took them on tour. That "Bold" sign is pretty cool, too.

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

I like to use the word "cool". LOL

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

I'd love to see the Dead Sea scrools exhibit.

Brian's Home Blog said...

It sure is hard to believe that Halloween will be here before we know it. Hey Milo, glad you are enjoying that wee trim. Thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

Angie in SoCal said...

So much to like on your post. Thanks!

Martha Ginn said...

Thanks for the Denver pictures--loved the buildings. And Milo is quite the handsome Sphinx poser!

MissPat said...

Flamingos and cows both in one post. Have you seen the ad from an online clothing company of the dress with flamingos on the top? You guys,have so much fun getting out and about. We never go anywhere and my husband hates craft shows although he does tolerate the Los Olas art show when we're in FL. We're supposed to cool down this weekend after another few 90° days.
Pat

Suzanne said...

The scrolls exhibit would be wonderful to attend. I love old buildings with beautiful architecture...they just don't build them like that anymore.

Joanne said...

Pumpkins! I still have to make stuffed embroidery/quilty pumpkin from a pattern that I picked up in Houston!

Sara said...

Oh my! So many interesting things to see in your pictures this week. I love museums and "discovery" centers and craft fairs. Food for the brain and the soul, right? We have a fall craft fair coming up here in a couple of weeks and I can't wait.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi LeeAnna! I wonder if Milo wanted a pumpkin because he thought it was an orange ball, or if he liked the smell of it? He's sitting there so nicely - I probably would have gotten him one. Aww, poor puppy hearing Peeeeeewwwww when he walks by! It looks like you are having fun exploring all the different towns around, and I would love to see the Dead Sea scrolls!! ~smile~ Roseanne

Ann said...

This is a good time of year to travel around Colorado. I'm so glad you're finding fun places. The Science Museum exhibit was inspiring. Wish I could see it.

Tamar SB said...

Now if only the temps would be more fall like!

Michelle said...

I am already craving pumpkins on the porch, but you are right, it is too early. Some leaves and flowers are turning already, so maybe not much longer. Thanks for linking up today.

PaintedThread said...

Milo looks great. That scavenger hunt sounds like so much fun. I'd love that! That bank ceiling is terrific. Dead sea scrolls sounds like it was wonderful. So much good stuff.

Jeanna said...

Oh no, Chrome is eating my comments. I was saying how handsome Milo is and how I love spoon rests and can't have enough of them and that I loved Manitou Springs when I was there, much more than Colorado springs which had the first ever swimming hole or man made lake or whatever it was that charged to get in.
I even paled around with a pup when I was there and yes, very dog friendly. Surprised to find out how many people were from here. I'd like to learn more about your design wall, is that a picture of one of the panels with the wine glasses?

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love all the pumpkins. Looks like you are visiting some lovely places. Cute photos of Milo. Happy Friday, enjoy your day and weekend!

Tails Around the Ranch said...

You're a very handsome boy, Milo. And yes, getting clean feet is so overrated said the Ranch resident poodles.

Sandy said...

Oh wow! I would love to see the Dead Sea Scrolls. I remember hearing about them and about how long it would take to piece the scraps together and read them. This was ages ago.
Maybe I will look up when they might come here. or possibly they have been here and I didn't know.
Those buildings are amazing. and the inside of the old bank vault place. I wonder why banks were always almost like mini palaces!
The team scavenger hunt looked like great fun. =)
I laughed at the way you introduced your cow and flamingo.
Sandy
PS what is your address? pm me?

eileeninmd said...

Hello, stopping back to say thanks for linking up and sharing your post. The hidden bird photo is cute and your Milo is a beautiful dog. Have a happy day and weekend!

Louca por porcelana said...

Amazing post!Love your flamingo picture!Hugs!

sandyland said...

such a good eye ad that regal doggy - mine is ill

Angie said...

Oh, this post is so happy - just oozing happy (well, except for bit about the felt - ack.) I enjoyed the variety of fun things you have been up to - I always enjoy a good science museum, and the bank ceiling is AMAZING. Enjoy the week ahead!

Sandee said...

Awww, you had a lovely spa day and you smell good. That's a good thing. You look fabulous.

Have a woof woof Awww Monday, Milo. My best to your mom. ♥

Ida said...

Cute pumpkins. Fall is a fun season to decorate for. Milo is quite a handsome dog. The places you visited sounded very interesting. I like the ceiling that you showed. Quite fancy.

Lady Fi said...

Lovely dog!

Su-sieee! Mac said...

That was a sweet story, LA. Your description of the parents dancing, hands entwined gave me goosebumps. Loved it. I also love the challenge of scavenger hunts, doing them and creating them.

M. K. Clinton said...

Those pumpkins are so pretty! What a great place you found to explore. Milo looks furbulous! Thanks for joining the Pet Parade.