Sunday, March 15, 2015

Lancaster 2015 Loot

We went to the AQS show in Lancaster on Friday.
Thought I would show my loot first, and the show pictures later this week.
I got a few select items like superior topstitch titanium machine needles as they are WONDERFUL. Some superior threads to try, masterpiece and fantastico.
A free book, and magazine when rejoining the group and a $5 book of patterns.
Look at those tiny scissors with attached cover in PINK, only 2" and sharp.

We talked to the Featherweight sales people who told us what supplies I needed to fix up my new/old machine. The owner pulled my husband aside and told him to trade his mechanical services for pies.
After going to the show, I visited some local fabric stores that had terrific deals. Like this, batiks for $5.99 a yard. 
It wasn't my fault that I bought so much when there's no room in the batik drawer to store them.

It was Peer Pressure.

I was holding the bolt of the turquoise and saw two women had collected all these other colorways of the same print. One I like a lot. They said they were making stars with the same print changing color!

Me too! I don't know y'all but I know you all in my heart.
Then the reddish one is really brown and totally a tree! The fans just so pretty.

At the next stores I found more cool can't leave it behind fabric at terrific prices. At Zooks I found the flamingos and these...



This is a batik with coffee cups.

The picture looks gray but it's black black.

Please click on any image to read the selvedge or see detail.
They are taking so long to load I made a few smaller.

This one is marbled and it's so like a tree! I love making tree quilts....


Can you tell the top fabric here is gradation colors of gray? Cool!
They are all darker in real life than seems here. These are so unique I couldn't resist them even at 12 bucks a yard. I left two others, hoping to see them later at the shops but no. They got away.

The ones here on the left are all Stonehenge by northcot.

Love love love.

The one on the right is awesome... looks impressionistic like water with water lilies. Shades of blue, green and flowers/rocks will be perfect for my Seurat.

Will I cut into them? It's due Thursday so look for Friday's post.
The last one is a brown stripe with bright colors. Perfect for an Adirondak quilt biniding! And at $3 a yard, another bargain.

Linking to MollieSparkles for Fabric Sundays!

13 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

You and I are sisters in fabric! I would have bought all those too! LOVE those dogs. I see some ears in there! And the tree fabric, and those circle things under the grey ombre gradations. Love love love!

Jan Briggs said...

You really did make some healthy additions to your stash. I'm going to have to search out some of your trees. I really like the marbled brownish fabric, I think there are plenty of very artistic uses for such a fabric. Happy stitching!

Cathy said...

Such amazing fabrics! Looks like you had a wonderful time.

Joanne said...

Hi LeeAnna,
That looks like quite the super fun day out and about!
And plans for most of the fabrics....looking forward to those!
What a cheery Spring start to fabric collecting!
Take care,
Joanne


Joanne said...

Hi LeeAnna,
That looks like quite the super fun day out and about!
And plans for most of the fabrics....looking forward to those!
What a cheery Spring start to fabric collecting!
Take care,
Joanne


Kaja said...

Gorgeous fabrics. I have the second flamingo one, only with a black background. I think I caught flamingos from you!

Kathy said...

I was so surprised to see MY book on your picture of the AQS stuff! Was that the book they were giving away? Have fun with it! Gorgeous fabrics--have fun with them, too!

Preeti said...

Love your fabric choices!!! And so jealous that you got to go to Lancaster. May be next year, we can go together.

AlidaP said...

Very cool fabric! I can't wait to see all the projects that you are going to use them for!!

Mary in Boulder said...

You got some great bargains! Of course you must use the Stonehenge blue for your Seurat piece.

Unknown said...

Congrats with your fabrics. S beautiful!!!!

Beth @ Cooking Up Quilts said...

Such great fabrics! I found some great ones too and am so inspired after attending the show. I'm glad you had a good time! :)

Rachel said...

Very pretty! I like that PacMan fabric and Stonehenge is always a good find! I like the greens especially. And how could a girl pass up batiks at those great prices? ;)