Thursday, September 17, 2026

I Like Thursday # 523 what would you do if you won the lottery

 


conversation starter

affectionate Alfie


3.imagine you won the lottery, what are your first three purchases?

I would buy a fine house somewhere with space, open views. It would need to be large enough for two studios and a BR for alfie and I to share. Windows, arched doorways, flowers in the yard, peaceful with a nook for my writing (I still want to write a novel/book

I would buy a functional car 

I would put aside money for trips 

what about you? 

shadow shot

sky shot


oh wow! 


Grammajudyb.blogspot.com

https://brianshomeblog.com/  

http://itsasmalltownlife.blogspot.com/   

https://llbinourbackyard.blogspot.com/ 

Shadow Shot Sunday 



13 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

That was fun! If I won the lottery I would buy a farm with a couple of hundred acres, trap our ferals, bulid them a barn and call it a day! Thanks for joining Angel Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are pretty flowers! You always get the best sky and cloud shots. If I won the lottery, money for travel would definitely be on my list!

Michelle said...

Hmmmm....I would buy the land that adjoins my own farm, so I could expand! Do some traveling and share with my grown kids :) Thank you for linking up!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yesterday I sent my sister a meme showing a person completely surrounded by a gazillion cats with the caption "If I won the lottery, I wouldn't tell anyone but there would be signs . . . ."

Babajeza said...

If I won the lottery I would buy an apartment and use it as a location for classes (sewing, .... and yoga). I might live there when I am older. And I would travel to Scotland. :-)

Fur Everywhere said...

Those are good and wise choice to spend your hypothetical winnings on :)

If I won the lottery, I'd get a nice big house so I could adopt a few more kitties! I always see so many that need homes and they really tug at my heartstrings. I'd also save as much as I could and try to invest it wisely so I had plenty of funds to take care of all the fuzzies :)

grammajudyb said...

You made a very good list of purchases if you won the lottery. It would be great to have 2 studios for your varied art! That video of the easy open gift was interesting. I used to save wrapping paper, but trying not to hoard nowadays_

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Sounds boring, but I think the first thing I would do is seek out a financial professional to see how much I owe in taxes (living in California, it would probably be close to 50%!). I like your ideas of what you would do.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

If I won a gazillion dollars, I would spruce up the house a little bit, and save a lot for trips.

DVArtist said...

Nice post. If I won the lottery, A new car for me a truck for Mr. M. A house away from everyone, and a trip to see my kids.

Jocelyn said...

Nice shots.

Nann said...

Depends on how big the lottery prize would be. If it was super-jumbo I'd create a foundation to save taxes while contributing to causes I support. If it was "ordinary" but still substantial I'd be able to consider a larger unit in the continuing care retirement place I'm considering......But I don't buy lottery tickets so neither scenario is going to happen. (However, I will buy raffle tickets at the Rotary golf outing on Friday--one year I won $350 in the 50/50 cash drawing!)

J said...

Nann is very practical, and I am going to ignore the possibility where I only win enough to make life easier but not SUPER RICH. If we’re dreaming, I want to dream big. I would buy a compound with two or three houses on it, lots of space, so we could move my in-laws in and look after them. But then my husband would go crazy and divorce me, so scratch that. I would buy a bigger house for sure, and there would be money for travel, but the FIRST thing I would buy is a dog. I would love to have another dog, but my husband isn’t sure the expense is a good thing to take on as we approach our retirement years. BOO! But without that consideration, a dog would definitely be first. Also maybe second (aka, 2 dogs)