Saturday, September 5, 2026

a bit of creativity using yellow and purple scraps

 

I am having to re do the post, thanks blogger

I took last months yellow, sewed thin purple strips around and a face showed up! d


like they say, get out of the way and art makes itself


this photo of our evening sunset looks purple, along with the mountains, right? 

linking to

 


13 comments:

Theresa J Johnson said...

Your photo looks like a famous painting by one the masters, I just don't remember who = love it.

Duke said...

Your yellows and purples look great together and we love the nature scene♥

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Yellow and purple are meant to go together,at least IMHO anyway. Beautiful sunset!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

What a lovely combination of yellow and purple! The photo is beautiful too, what a wonderful contrast between those clouds and the heat wave that’s sweeping across the globe. It’s refreshing! Thank you for sharing your creative week and linking up.

DVArtist said...

That is so true. Many over think, and side step themselves when creating. Like you write just get out of your own way. I love yellow and purple and this is lovely. Thank you for sharing with SITAR.

Christine said...

Love the colour combination

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That is certainly one unique quilt. Happy SITAR.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Lovely colour combo, I can imagine this has brought hours of joy constructing. Love the landscape photo very inspiring.. Happy SITAR Tracey x

Astrid said...

Fun, little project in yellow and purple. Those colors fit so good together. Love the landscape photo, it looks like a painting.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love purple and yellow together - that's a fun piece you're working on there!

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

Such a gorgeous sunset. Get out of the way and art creates itself. Gotta remember that! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2026/09/09/wednesday-wait-loss-501

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

Gorgeous sunset. Purple and yellow are awesome together. Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings.

Tigger's Mum said...

Love it - love the colours (my favorite combo)