Thursday, July 20, 2023

I Like Thursday # 359

 

source: https://www.quilterscache.com/S/SillyChickenBlock.html 
 

it's I Like   Thursday again, I'm here to give you the list of people, and I'm still seeking medical care in Colorado.... no help yet but I hope to have an appt with a vascular surgeon today.... send prayers please. Seems like I need a miracle. 

I sewed one day this week, to feel normal. Only enough to do this paper pieced block with red scraps but it felt good.

sort of chicken scratch print

this wildflower popped up in our patio pot this week, What is it? 


 found this reminder of the 1964 world's fair I attended when I was a leeeetle girl...

I remember a lot of it, clairol had rotating seats that showed your face with lots of hair colors and styles, I remember the big tire ride, It's a small world, Riding cars around in a monorail, the clean feel of the park, the big globe, the food and atmosphere of cooperation around the world making the future great... 

It was the first time I saw different cultural clothing, tasted different cultural foods, and saw so many people. I loved it. Magical!
 

more of the fair, and the world stage at the time, showing lots of footage and what happened to the displays after


 Mama is in such pain, and worry, I am trying to stay near her, I know she needs me.... 


please visit these folks to see what they liked this week

grammajudyb.blogspot.com

patchwork Sunday                    
oh Scrap Sundays 

friday smiles at a stitch in time   

Sunday Smiles

20 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's such a cute chicken block! Piecing it would definitely be a happy project. Hope you get some help for your pain and start feeling better soon. Sending good thoughts!

grammajudyb said...

Cute cute red chicken! Makes me think of The Little Red Hen! I’m not sure about the flowers. Some look like Bachelor Buttons to me. The lavender one with the little knobs in the center, I don’t know! You were a little girl in 1964, and I graduated HS and got married in 1964. I hope you get an appointment with someone soon. Good thoughts headed your way from here!

Helen said...

I'm always amazed at what you quilters can do with a few triangles! Love the chicken!
I'm also amazed at how our pets know when we need them to be caring and close.

Linda said...

That's such a cute chicken! Love the flowers. Good luck at the doctor's appointment and hope you can find a resolution.

Sara said...

That is the cutest chicken EVER!! I hope you find relief with the doctor. Pets have such wonderful instinct of when we need them most.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Very cute chicken. Feel better. I am keeping you in my thoughts. Bobbin seems to say nearer to me when I am feeling icky.

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I'm glad to see you're getting some sewing in. I hope you feel better soon. Thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery.

MissPat said...

I hope your visit with the doctor is productive. I know how much it's going to stress you out, but it needs to be done.
Pat

Brian's Home Blog said...

Oh dear, we're worried about you too and we hope all is better and you get that appointment really soon. Hugs from all of us and thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

PaintedThread said...

I like the chicken block. Pretty wildflower. Feel better!

nestki said...

Thinking of you. Milo is such a good dog. Thank you for the sassy chicken with the perfect feathers!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

So sorry that you are in pain! I hope you find a good doctor and get some relief soon. Glad that Milo is staying close and giving you comfort. Your quilted chicken is adorable and the fabric is perfect. I think the flower is a 'pin-cushion' flower (Scabiosa). The perfect flower for you! xx K

Babajeza said...

What a lovely patchwork block! I love all things chicken.

All the best to you, Regula

Annie said...

I'm so sorry you're suffering so much and really hope they get to the bottom of whatever it is and find a treatment to improve your life. The flower is what we call Candytuft...pretty.
Hugs,
Annie x

Lisca said...

I'm sorry to hear you are in so much pain. I hope the doctor has some solutions.
I watched both videos and enjoyed them. I was 14 then and of course, living in Europe, it was not something we were able to go to. But I remember my parents had a magazine (Time magazine) where I saw photos of the World Fair. All in black and white.
Hugs,
Lisca

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am also so sorry to read you are in such immense pain. I hope that you get the help you need soon.

The first time I visited New York City, I drove to Flushing and saw the remains of the 1964 World's Fair. I couldn't get over how large that globe was. I can only imagine what it was like to bet there when it was really happening.

I like your chicken square. It is cute and clever.

I hope you are soon on the mend and Milo won't have to worry about you so much, dear LeeAnna.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Super cute RED chicken block, LeeAnna, and a really pretty plant! Feel better soon!!

Edith said...

I went to the Worlds Fair in NYC. I barely remember it though. I rode Its a Small World, ate a Belgian waffle and we all met up by the globe. And for dinner in the city I got in trouble for ordering lobster with my grandparents but they said let her have it! That was a fun memory.
Hope you feel better soon.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Cute chicken block, and your red fabric is fun! Enjoy these beautiful flowers (I don't know either their name). I hope you will found the care you need very soon.
Thank you for sharing these sweetnesses, and linking up. Hugs.

Michelle said...

Sending you all of my positive vibes and best wishes. Milo looks very concerned :( I appreciate you taking the time to link up.