Thursday, May 25, 2023

I Like Thursday # 351 are you going somewhere?

 

Welcome to this week's list of likes... kind of short on likes this week but here goes

I like rain now that we live out west.... except the flooding. This is our back yard recently... I like that birds can have a bath, and drink water, and find floating worms for breakfast! 

I like that the Zen Stitch workshop is over, I enjoyed it but even pleasurable hobbies can drain you...

I liked sewing this week on my portal quilt, and the center is done now.... I liked the colors, designing it, and sewing the blocks together. I love how it looks and will share pics on Saturday's post

last week's pic before it was sewn together

Fine Dining

we made buffalo chicken mac and cheese lunch this week...

Amy's mac and cheese box, add in cheddar, tomatoes, buffalo sauce and a can of chicken. We make a lettuce/celery/bell pepper salad to go under it. Very yummy and fairly fast.

Reading

I finished halfway to you, so good I looked forward to having it to read at bedtime and like the study questions provided at the end... 

I'm listening to this on Audio right now, in the series about a female Indian lawyer in 1925

 

Watching on tv

finale season.... sad for me... I like to have shows to look forward to but I liked the Guy who won American Idol this season. We are enjoying Brokenwood on Acorn and Chateau DIY on peacock

Watching on youtube

release of an eagle... magnificent! Awe inspiring!

https://youtube.com/shorts/cEShEE7bB2w?feature=share

this idea of cooking an egg in a waffle maker

https://youtube.com/shorts/CRRxcegTv3A?feature=share

this fine man's take on respecting others

https://youtube.com/shorts/vWhmtos1TmA?feature=share 

21 Travel Cartoons ideas | travel, local travel, dream cruise

Prompt this week.... where would you like to go on vacation if you could go anywhere right now? 

gosh, I'd love to go so many places...

I'd love to go to Italy for a month, sharing time with museums, and wineries

I'd love to go to Great Britain to tour historic sites, paint and meet people

I love a car trip, stopping at every ball of twine, historic house, diner, and state fair along the way

(loved the postcard images of happier times in America ) 

Most of all, I miss the pre-covid safety of travel not available to me these days

Milo's Moments

Milo: Oh hi y'all! When Mama says, "hello" I perk up because that means someone's here! 

Maaaama! A squirrel is in the yard!
 

I've been a busy boy this week, keeping track of all the comings and goings around our house!

My law enforcement activity is under-appreciated though...

Hey, you, keep moving !

I have spent a lot of time working on leg removal from the new octopus this week too. 

how can you resist this face?

I also am running for food tester around here, don't forget to vote for me! I often tell Mama, don't make anything special for me, just give me a bowl of whatever you're having. She makes some lame excuse about no onions/wheat/ chocolate for me... then I think she and daddy shouldn't eat them either! 


 

now please visit these people to see what they liked this week...if you did a post to include let me know in comments... love to you all

https://scrapatches.blogspot.com/ 

https://www.sameliasmum.com/ 

https://joyfullytracie.com/gratitude-brings-happiness/ 

https://www.mmmquilts.com/

grammajudyb.blogspot.com

friday smiles at a stitch in time  



 

 


17 comments:

Sandra Walker said...

Wonderful to read as always LeeAnna. I love the jobs our fur kids give themselves :-) I have two patrols here who think they’re doing a fantastic job! I am mesmerized by your Portal quilt! The light in it—ahhh!

Linda said...

Your portal quilt looks lovely. Glad you had rain but oh no on the flooding. What a creative take on a box of mac and cheese - yum! If I didn't have to fly, I'd accompany you to Italy -lol! Scotland and England are high on my list, but closer to home, South Dakota and Montana.
I think Derrick Johnson's "warning" about traveling to Florida is ridiculous. To base a travel warning on his belief that DeSantis is “minimizing the quality of education” is just political.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The Portal quilt is a beautiful design! I'll look forward to seeing how you finish it. The Buffalo mac n cheese looks yummy! And Italy would be delightful - if I could get Mike to fly that far on a plane, lol!

Sara said...

The portal quilt is such an interesting display of color. It kind of made me think of the big eye in Lord of the Rings movies. That center glows! I was sad to see Survivor season finale last night, but was OK with any of the final 3. Those 3 were certainly unexpected to get that far.

There are so many places that I want to go as well. I would love lounging on a beach somewhere. But really really want to see Niagara Falls.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Your portal quilt is looking great and the food looks good too, sometimes I do miss a good mac & cheese. Milo, I think you'd make an absolutely wonderful and dedicated food tester! Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

Cloudia said...

Aloha Milo! We have no plans to travel and are just enjoying our comfy home. Hope you are too!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Enjoyable read and ditto for me with all those places to visit. Truthfully I'm a little worried about travel these days with all the airport and on board shenanigans. Love that Portal Quilt piece...interesting and Milo has my vote for house taste tester.

PaintedThread said...

Ooh - you have quite a smattering of different stuff. I like how your quilt is coming along.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Milo is such a cutie! I enjoyed watching some of the zen stitch workshops but haven't had a go at making anything - yet. Enjoy the rest of your week.

Tracie said...

Leeanna, I love your Milo! He seems to be much like my Wally, who we call the Head of Farm Security. I also love the photo of the bird enjoying the puddles of rain. And I can't wait to see more of your quilt! Thanks for stimulating thoughtful conversation! I enjoy reading the posts.

Michele McLaughlin said...

Laughing so much at Milo! What a boy he is! I agree with missing travel before Covid. So much has changed. Love your wall hanging! Have a great weekend!

grammajudyb said...

We too have had a lot of rain. The birds do love a “ muddy puddle “ stomp, don’t they? Can’t wait to see the progress on your portal quilt!
The Buffalo Mac and Cheese sounds interesting! Do you have a favorite sauce brand? The last one we tried was way too spicy in my opinion.
And another book series to add to my list! Love the cover!

Scrapatches said...

Leeanna, I am asking you again to please add me back on the list of participating blogs ... :) Pat

Lisca said...

Oops, I had scheduled my blog but it didn't post, so now i'm posting a bit late. Sorry.
Ha, Milo makes me smile every time!
I went to the video of the egg in the waffle maker. I might try that (to add to the hundred ways to cook an egg.) I'll let you know...
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Annie said...

Your quilt looks gorgeous and Milo never fails to make me smile 😀
Hugs,
Annie x

Ann said...

Sujata Massey’s books are favorites of mine. I’m glad you found her, too.

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I love your portal quilt. Gorgeous! I like when we get rain too since we were in a drought for most of last year. I'm glad we're dry for the long weekend! I'm sure Milo gets lots of great food to try!