Thursday, November 23, 2017

I Like Thursday #64 Thanksgiving!


Welcome to this week's list of likes... Thankfulness edition (that image is from my flannel Thankful quilt made from scraps. I used a combo of 9-patches, 4 patches and solid squares all the same size, then inserted areas to applique. I believe I showed it on the blog at some point.

On to the show...


The above image is the amazing sunset sky over the Sugarloaf craft show last weekend. We have gone to these high end shows every year since we moved here, and it never gets old. Never. 400+ artists, some of whom have become friends.

I want to showcase one here  website is http://www.beezbyscranton.com/
This woman takes antique books, removes the pages, makes purses out of the covers and gives you the pages with the purchase, so you can "read your purse"
Very imaginative! An old copy of Shakespeare
Pinocchio from the thirties... and useful!
So many to choose from!

I also bought a Woodrow musical instrument one year,

It's sort of like a dulcimer and a guitar made a baby but easier to play. Well time will tell. I love it, and the sound it makes. DH found this wonderful tabletop stand for it, so it looks very adorable on the credenza.
I love to see musical instruments and long for a larger home to have a space to show our music makers. Two guitars, a woodrow, a ukelele, a Native American flute and a keyboard.

Anyway... the woodrow people were giving away songbooks with purchase now, so they gave me one! That's so nice!

 I liked the broom guy, and especially liked this image at the end of the show... "A new broom sweeps clean"
is an old American saying.
 We quilters know a useful object shows craftsmanship as well as artistry. It's a way to bring beauty into the daily world.

Milo was fairly good. He loved meeting all dogs and all children. He pranced for adults who were patient with his (still) mouthiness. I loved it when other dog people corrected him too.
It takes a village!
One woman said,"that's the prettiest poodle I've ever seen!" And her companion looked at her sharply and asked, "have you forgotten MY poodle???"
Hee hee

I liked this wall of clouds, the sky is ever changing. Ever inspirational. On the DC Beltway, this was very imposing! 
On this day of abundance and plenty, and I hope each one of you has enough to eat today, food is a good thing. On this day I will share a family recipe for my fave breakfast...
take some healthy bread, this one has air whipped in to make it less caloric, some organic peanut butter, some whole fruit cherry preserves and smear. I might be a 4 year old as I totally enjoy points when eating.

I couldn't get my mother to do it, so I do it for myself. It makes the tiny sandwich last longer, and gives me points to eat.
Speaking of points... and pies...

And while we're at it, why not have pumpkin pie from Trader Joe's for breakfast, or at least every night after dinner??
We eat fairly large slices, so I cut the pie in half. Then make two more cross cuts to make 6 pieces. One with more restraint and smaller waistline could make three more cuts for correct size servings.

Milo likes pumpkin pie. He likes absolutely anything I'm eating too. He likes eating his bed too so he's not particularly discerning. I finally threw out his bed as the fluff was everywhere. I said, there! lay on the floor then!
But as I was about to donate another comforter, he sprawled out on is so it's now his bed. Cross paws he doesn't eat this one.
I like this face soap so very much.I learned about it in a magazine, ordered it from Amazon, not knowing if it would help exfoliate gently but...
It does. It smells heavenly to me, it makes washing my face each night a joy. My skin is much softer after two weeks. Time will tell how much it helps but the scent alone (your mileage may vary) is worth it. You use very little each time as it really spreads out, and I bought the small size which I suspect will last a long time.

So much for my list this week. Hope you enjoyed them, and now please enjoy these fine folks also doing I Like posts this week. Two friends from QuiltArt online are joining us so make sure to go say hello!
Everyone is welcome here... let me know if you do a post and I'll link to you!

Love to all on this American Holiday of Thankfulness!


New links this week!! Welcome:

2.. https://barrels-of-monkeys.blogspot.com/
3.. http://sandysnowden.blogspot.co.uk/
4.. http://whataboutrheema.blogspot.com/
5.https://canadianneedlenana.blogspot.com/ 
6...http://homesewnbyus
7..http://littlepenguinquilts
8.http://imworkingonaproject
9..http://3poodlesandanana
10..maryinpeoriahandmade.blogspot.com
11. craftscaviescontras 

12 I'm putting in my friend http://pugmomquilts.blogspot.com/ just because!
  
 

linking to some of these
Our World Tuesday
Travel_Tuesday 

http://sky watch Fridays
http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com
http://asoutherndaydreamer
Thankful Thursdays pet parade
http://goodrandomfun.blogspot.com
http://itsasmalltownlife.blogspot.com/
http://shabbyartboutique.com
willy nilly Friday (random images)
habbyartboutique fridays

25 comments:

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

Aha! We both like pumpkin pie for breakfast! I like your "Thankful" quilt. Maybe next year I will make one. Book Purses? What a great idea! That wall of clouds looks like a movie shot. This post was fun. Happy Thanksgiving. Have a blessed day. Thanks for including me. mary in Az

Norma Schlager said...

Those book purses are very cool. Thank you for sharing and have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That looks like an amazing craft show to go to! The purses made from books especially caught my attention! Hope you are enjoying your Thanksgiving breakfast and pie. Happy Thanksgiving to you, Drew, and Milo!

Lea said...

Wonderful photos!
I especially like the brooms and Milo's new bed
Happy Thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

Happy thanksgiving Lee Anna!

Shannon said...

Happy Thanksgiving LeeAnna! I love that Shakespeare purse and especially the William Morris-y design in the background!

sonja said...

We are Thankful your thought ful posts. and for things large and small and sweet...i like my morning pumpkin pie with a dolop of cranberry sauce on top of whipped cream.
Book purse lady is definately a creative soul!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.aloha, sonja

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Pumpkin pie for breakfast....um flour, milk, veggie isn't that all healthy? Or how about pumpkin pie and apple pie too! Love the book purses.

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Wow, those purses are a.m.a.z.i.n.g. Pumpkin pie is good ANYTIME. Just saying. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. 🦃

MissPat said...

And don't forget the pumpkin pie has egg, too, so you're getting protein.
I'm thankful for all you wonderful bloggers who haven't given up and deserted to facebook. I've learned so much and gotten way too ideas for new projects.
Happy Thanksgiving.
Pat

Sara said...

Happy Thanksgiving! The book purses are amazing! I've never seen anything like them. Wow!

Joanne said...

Happy Thanksgiving LeeAnna, Drew and Milo!
Those are normal pieces of pie! Yummy!
Great cloud photo!

Michele McLaughlin said...

Great likes! Your sky photos are impressive! Have a wonderful holiday!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi LeeAnna,
I love the book purses! HAHA - read your purse . . . that is SO COOL! And a big HAHAHA for Milo being the prettiest poodle, except for that one lady who had a prettier one - in her opinion. I am SURE Milo wins hands down in that competition though - just sayin'. Welcome to our new friends joining us! I will certainly visit all today - I was just too darn busy for visiting other than with my peeps. I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving. ~smile~ Roseanne P.S. Pie for any meal - absolutely! YUM (and pumpkin is healthy!)

Sandy said...

I am doing the Thanksgiving thing today. My son requested it. He came today for the weekend. Pie making was the first thing this morning! But saved for dinner.
Sandy

eileeninmd said...

Hello, pretty sky shot. I have never tried pumpkin pie for breakfast, but why not? I hope you and yours had a Happy Thanksgiving. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Beautiful sky shot! I like the look of that dulcimer/guitar. Hope your Thanksgiving was a good one!

Kaja said...

Happy Thanksgiving, LeeAnna.

Lady Fi said...

Lovely quilt and great brooms.

Betty J. Crow said...

I like the size of your pie slices. Interesting post. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

carol l mckenna said...

your quilt is so creative ~ love it! and wonderful series of photos ~ all delightful ~

Happy Week to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Cool quilt! That's great how the book lady gives a book's pages with the purse.

Angie said...

Such a fun post! At a recent holiday craft fair, I met an artist who uses scrap fabric samples from furniture dealers to make purses. The fabrics had deep texture and color - I am always impressed with the creativity of people. My husband and I love leftover pie for breakfast - we jokingly refer to it as 'breakfast pastry'. Have a jolly week!

Preeti said...

So many lovely things here. Love that artist and her work. The poodle comment made me smile too :-)
Hugs,
Preeti.

likeschocolate said...

Now I want a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! I haven't had one in a while. Yes, lots to be thankful for! Have a great week!