Saturday, September 12, 2026

creative daily life fabrics for the new hexi spiral

 

doing what's necessary here these days, but... 

it's Saturday and I chose and cut out fabrics for the purple hexi spiral this month. Color of the month is purple!


and tried to start setting up my new machine. 

had a momentary scare when it wouldn't come on, but it was the new surge protector not working. I need to figure out a go around, but it works when I plugged it into my power cord so.... 

it's so pretty and roomier! Now if I could sleep, I might have the brain power to figure out how to use it!


look at this beaded turkey at Eureka beads tutorials




hmmm....

linking with

11 comments:

DVArtist said...

Ohhh I love the purple fabric the lavender nail and OMGOSH what a beautiful new machine. Thank goodness it was the surge protector and not the machine. I cracked up at the youtube. I think they may be right.

Diane in TX said...

Congratulations on your new machines! May they bring you much joy!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Oooooh what a beautiful new machine! I hope you will be able to rest and fully enjoy this marvel! Pretty purple nails by the way ;) Thank you for sharing and linking up, hugs.

Susie H said...

Nice collection of purples. Definitely will make a great hexi spiral for RSC! I missed your post of getting a new sewing machine. It looks like Heaven. What make/model did you get? I'm always curious about who's sewing on what. Have a good week, LA.

Sara said...

The collection of purples will make a very pretty spiral block. Great choices! I'm sure you'll have the new machine figured out before you know it. And it should be fun discovering what all it can do.

Donna in KS said...

I check on you a couple times a week. This is my first comment. I enjoy your blog very much, always sad when you don't feel well. I will be playing the little video for several of my family!! Thank you! Congrats on new machine.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

You will have fun with that new machine once you figure out how to use it. Every machine comes with new things to learn. Looking forward to seeing your new hexi spiral because purple is one of my favourite colours.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I love your nail polish -- so fun! And that beaded turkey is kinda cute too. I'm home now from my recent travels and back to daily blogging.

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

Congratulations on the new machine. It looks like it has tons of room under the throat. Great for quilting! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2026/09/16/wednesday-wait-loss-502

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

Congrats on your new machine, LeeAnna. Love the purple fabric for you RSC blocks this month. I hope you get some sleep and can get moving. Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

yay for a new machine - it looks amazing! Love the purple nails!!