Saturday, July 25, 2026

living the creative life Using the lovely blue-green color this week

 

the beloved blue green (aqua to teal)  from rainbow scrap challenge has made hot July more lovely 

I got my hexi spiral ready to stitch and just love these colors

love the prints and colors!

I have been busy going through batik scraps, unused for years. I pulled out those easy to cut to squares in sizes 2.5"   3"   and 3.5"   and those joined all the other colors I cut out of other fabrics. I have many in each size to use in future projects

this changes a long held practice of keeping all batiks separately but which led to not using them often

All my fabrics and scraps have been washed in hot water and detergent, then sorted and kept by type or color. This is usually workable for me. 

Batiks cause sinus trouble when pressed if not thoroughly scoured. You know that scent they have? 

now I am mixing them in more, they make me happy with their color intensity and pattern


this was made from tiny scraps of regular printed fabrics... 
scraps from making my GGG squares that filled the design wall and the next rows are still on the sewing table ready when there's room

compare the jewel tones and watercolor like batiks in the piece I sewed this week on the bottom to
prints of regular prints at top,

All are so pretty

this is an audition of borders for the 14" X 20" new work

then I ran across this little scrap and it will become inspiration for future works... the pattern, the colors and the relative amounts of each color to each other.... inspiration comes from many sources! 


the extra GGG blocks ( on the right below)  will make it 15 rows by 12 across.... with borders maybe large enough to cover a human for a nap

otherwise I have less flashy work to do this week. The watercolor quilt needs borders and quilting. 

the two tiny scrap pieces also need to be finished into "flimsies" and then maybe tote bags or book covers for notebooks, or or or....


a close up of one of our patio chairs for the end of blue green month... but I will continue to work on my projects of blue green because they sooth my soul at a time when it is in need of soothing

 if you need me (or my snoopervisor) we'll be in the studio! 

Alfie the grateful poodle


I still love crochet and this seems like a great method!


 



 



No comments: