1. I Like Finding inspiration in my files. I keep images from magazines, drawings, cards, etc in folders labeled so I can go look when I want to draw an adirondak chair for instance. I looked through the files this week, to see if I could throw anything out.
Especially the folder labeled Faces...
Oh so many fun faces, which made me want to run to my fabrics, my paints, my machine to make art. That's a good thing, y'all.
Speaking of faces...
2. I like the new BBC show Victoria . It airs Sunday nights, relieving some of my missing of Downton and The Durells. Well done, and I had no idea how she had to fight for respect at the start! The actress playing Queen Victoria has the "it factor"
3. I also Like the TV show "This is us"
It is maybe the most well written and produced show on US television right now. Like layers of an onion that peel away revealing the next layer, the concept of family and the connection between members is explored. Funny, touching, and very real.
I was told as an adult that I had been adopted as a newborn. There is a lot to the story and maybe I'll share it here one day.
I have never fit in and long to.
Which brings me to this like...
4. I Like the blogger I'll call "G" here. She shared with me, her story of finding her birth family and gave me tips on my search. The call gave me a sense that somewhere there might be a place for me. (unfortunately it's not within the adoptive family) Hope springs eternal.
|This is my Husband's drawer of shirts|
I used to store them on top of each other like this
Now if I could just stop overstuffing the drawers.
Which leads me to my new bead storage...
I used two Joann coupons to get two for half price and started the "Great Bead Reorganization"
I don't know about you, but I am in search of organization like the holy grail.
Generally I don't like moving stacks of containers to get to the bottom one. That's what I have to do with beads, but still I love this system as the beads are visible at a glance, contained in lidded jars so they don't skitter around.
I store fabric by color because that's how I work. I store beads and threads by type as that's how I use them. I need a few more containers like this before all of them find a place to belong, then need to find a place for the containers in here
It works like a charm, lifting a cup at a time without having to deal with a little ladle handle. Try it.
8. I Liked learning about Ava Vanderbilt in Newport RI a couple months ago. She was very wealthy with a lot of prestige and power for the day. She could have just thrown party after party and spent her money on clothes.
|The Vanderbilt china|
She raised money and awareness with her tireless efforts for women's rights.
It was a difficult fight, and many women were jailed, beaten sometimes killed, risked their jobs and families who disagreed with them.
Thank you for speaking up.
To my sisters standing up for women's rights (which are human rights) this weekend... Thank you
I am unable physically to do the march but I intend to support the continuation of women's rights and Free Speech even as some elected officials seek to quiet us.
We have the right and responsibility to make our voices heard in America.
That's about it this week and as always, let me know if you did an "I like" post to share. Keep the good news coming, I'll add links over the next few days...
visit these fine people next... Love and peace, LeeAnna