Thursday, November 16, 2017

I Like Thursday #63 Quotes, Quests, and Quilts


Welcome to this week's list of likes. I did a post with a lot of likes a couple days ago... please go there for a better list. It's been a challenging week again but even when life is throwing stones at you, there is usually a number of good things to like as well.
My other "I Like" post is HERE!
On to the other likes!

I get the daily emails from The Writer's Almanac. I haven't had time to read them lately but this caught my eye...
Robert Louis Stevenson, who said, “There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign.” And, “Our business in life is not to succeed, but to continue to fail in good spirits.”

Remember this grand home in CT?
Another thing I liked was the side entry, with the room above it... look closer
I think this was where drivers would pull up the horse and buggy, and so the people would be protected from the elements going into the house. Mostly these are a roof, this one had an entire room over it. I just imagine my writing desk in front of this window.


I'm a fan of Angela walters Midnight Quilt Show. Our cable went out so I remembered this and watched her show on Edyta Starr's feathered star quilt. Then I found this one with her showing us around the Houston Quilt show this year 2017! How fun! Watch...

Link to it on youtube if it doesn't play here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD4OCUHV96s

I remember meeting Jenny Doan one year at Houston... squealing like a piglet... and she's so nice.She does youtube tutorials from Missouri Quilts

I love the Quilter's Quest (a shop hop) here and am glad I got to do it one more time. I did not even try to visit the really far shops but hit the ones I love best and ran into people I love too!

Here are a few photos I took:

Jinny Beyer is one of my favorite people.
  She is so accomplished, and she loves dogs. She cried with me when she heard Cole passed, and rejoiced with me to see Milo prancing around her front yard!

If you bring your Jinny Tote bag in to the shop, you receive a free fat eighth of fabric!

I got two sale kits for heart needle cases, and some new to me water soluble glue sticks, and they gave me a free 8th and a block magnet!

As I was leaving I ran into my friends Linda, Patty and Barbara. We caught up a bit, then I moved on to Capital Quilts
Before I left Linda's group had caught up to me there so I thought, I have no pics of Lind and I after all these years! Linda welcomed me into the art quilt group called Fiberlectic long ago. It is no longer, but our friendship survived. She and I recently spent an afternoon chatting and sewing.
Again, she is very accomplished, owned a quilt shop for years, wrote a book, made patterns and is a good friend whom I will miss. Luckily there is FT now. Not the same but it's a good thing.

At Capital, I got this pattern, imagining one day to find a suitable rental for us to move into, and me making a Christmas quilt with it...
I think it would be great to use my Christmas stash of prints, and the white with gold print as neutral.
they had little wool on wool kits that would be great but I didn't buy one. I suspect I have one somewhere in the studio.


They also had these calorie free lollies!







It's that a fun way to use the clothesline? They were on a stick and would make a grand Christmas decoration!


The big I Like this week came from Milo's surgeon. I was afraid to call them for a follow up appt because I had let some of his PT appts slip in the search for a home to rent. One of the good people who read my words here, wrote to me, asking if she could help from a distance.

She did help me by listening and prayer, and suggestions. She encouraged me to call for an appt on Monday.
I now had a deadline, and made myself call late in the afternoon on Monday and we met with the doctor yesterday. After evaluation, he said we could start leaving Milo out of the brace half the time! He said limit the movement, no rough housing and put it back on for long walks in case we meet up with other dogs.

He said Milo may be able to lead a normal life, time will tell, but that the surgery and brace allowed the ligaments and tendons to retract. It's no guarantee but it's a step in the right direction.

Milo's likes:
"I like doctor Leisure and I showed him how I prance around and bite at Daddy, and jump up and wiggle! I'm an exceptional wiggler! Why when Mama wanted to clean my ears, and shave some matts I wiggled so much she nipped me!

That's okay! I'll heal as you know! I love having my fur free again to blow in the wind! Mama washed the brace and you should have heard the words she said when it came out of the washer!!! Why in all of my 8 and one half whole months of life I've never heard that! It was all tangled but dang, she figured it out and I had to put it back on for one walk but that's okay because I now know it's not fur-ever.

I've been wearing that thing almost half of my life!I still wear a t-shirt at night to keep me from licking.
as IF!

Please enjoy these other people keeping lists of their fun this week! And as always, please let me know if you did a post and I'll add yours in !!!


1. http://whataboutrheema.blogspot.com/
2..http://homesewnbyus
3.http://littlepenguinquilts
4http://imworkingonaproject
5.http://3poodlesandanana
6.maryinpeoriahandmade.blogspot.com
7. craftscaviescontras
 8.https://canadianneedlenana.blogspot.com/ 

 

linking to some of these
http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com
http://asoutherndaydreamer
Thankful Thursdays pet parade
http://goodrandomfun.blogspot.com
http://itsasmalltownlife.blogspot.com/
http://shabbyartboutique.com
willy nilly Friday (random images)
habbyartboutique fridays
pet parade Fridays   


26 comments:

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

Glad to hear you have good news on Milo's recovery.Angela Waters is so fun to watch. Jenny Doan made a huge impact on my early quilt sewing, thank goodness. I use many of her tutorials. I like your Christmas quilt pattern and hope you get to make it soon. Thanks for including me. mary in Az

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi LeeAnna,
Oh my - that grand house in CT!! Look at that fabulous room - I totally agree that is where people were dropped off. Ooh, what a wonderful room to spend time dreaming, stitching, writing, reading in. I LOVE Angela Waters - I will watch this video. Thanks for sharing with us! Ooh, I remember Jinny Beyer - I would love to meet her and just thank her and go to her shop. How fabulous! You will make that Christmas quilt before you know it - this move will work out perfectly. I know it! And how scary to make that call, but now you have to feel some relief at hearing some good news. {{Hugs}} Milo is a special gift and dog, and he came into your life for a reason. Enjoy him while you have him - I can see he loves you. ~smile~ Roseanne

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

So many things here LeeAnna, quotes and Milo, beautiful fabrics, old friends, and quilting movie stars. So envious you got to meet Jenny...I feel like I know her; I've watched so many of her videos!

Shannon said...

I like the top fall quilt too! It goes so well with the milo one. And the "garage" apartment over that carport is just fabulous. It would be such a fun studio! Or as a kid, I would have loved to have it as a bedroom "away" from the main house. Please hang in there, I'm sending you good thoughts!

Cindy D. said...

I have never heard of Angela Walters and her show before. I haven't quilted for years, but this post makes me want to get going on projects again. I'm glad to here Milo is making improvements. Blessings for him for his continued healing.

- Natalie A.

Sara said...

Milo's progress must be encouraging! Angela Walters was new to me, so I really enjoyed that. Thanks for sharing. I sure hope this whole moving thing settles down for you soon!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Love Angela Walters I discovered her videos a few months ago. Quilt Juice....she makes me laugh. I also like her motto Close enough is good enough. Great house! I love old homes. I get an e-mail with old homes for sale all over the US called Old House Dreams. Hugs and have been sending positive vibes your way.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

So many good likes in your post today, LeeAnna. I liked those Robert Louis Stevenson quotes, too! The shop hop looks like fun! So glad there is good news about Milo's healing and some freedom from the brace.

Joanne said...

Quilting juice! The midnight quilt show! So fun! Her and MSQC make for great youtube quilt watching enjoyment!
Quilters quest sounds like a lot of fun!
Great likes today!

PaintedThread said...

LOVE old houses like that. So beautiful. And little rooms all over the place - so cool.

Yay for less time in the brace. Milo will be thrilled, I'm sure.

Thanks so much for hosting this. I look forward to this every week.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I always love catching up with you and seeing all the interesting things you share. Love the clothesline swirlies! Hugs!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Lots of goodies here today! I'm glad to hear that Milo is getting out n' about a littlebit. Thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

Nancy said...

Excellent news about Milo's appointment!

One of these day I want to try that clothesline sewing. I have seen so many fabric covered bowls. It is on an 'in the future list'.

Tamar SB said...

I would love to explore that house!!

sonja said...

Those Robert Louis Stevenson's quotes spoke truth to me too!
Just love reading writer's almanac daILY so i know what day it is! I love the horses tee shirt, not just for sleeping but dreaming! That house in CT is devine.
Glad to hear you havesome good news on Milo's recovery and that he can spend some quite time brace free!! be well!

MissPat said...

Yay! I got another email notification today.
I was at the Houston Quilt Festival on Sunday, but alas neither Angela nor Jenny were there. It's an overwhelming experience and one day is not enough time.
I love Midnight Quilter. Angela is a stitch (haha).
Pat

Michelle said...

LOVE that RLS quote. I agree with Sonja...such truth in that quote! Thanks for linking up today and I hope to see you back next week!

Michele McLaughlin said...

So glad to hear that Milo is improving! I'm praying that he will have a normal life and eventually be brace-free! Hugs!

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Glad to hear the news about Milo and am keeping my fingers crossed there are no lingering long term effects! Any luck with the rental we talked about?

Kaja said...

The shop hop always sounds like fun, and I'm happy to hear that Milo is making good progress. I hope you find a rental soon -it's always difficult when you are hovering in life without knowing where you will land next.

Judy Hansen said...

I enjoy reading your lists of likes. Many of mine are the same as yours. Also, I'm so glad Milo got such a good report from the doctor. Would you please amend your post to include a link to http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com? Thanks! When people look at the posts on Design Wall Monday, it is so nice to click on the link back to my blog so they can go to the next blogger's post to see what they are doing.

Betty J. Crow said...

Love the CT house and especially the windows over the portico. Glad Milo is doing well.

Lydia C. Lee said...

That would be a perfect writing desk!!

Kate @ Smiles From Kate said...

So much going on, we don't get the quilting shows in the UK, not that I know of anyway. I'm happy to hear Milo is improving, I hope he gets out of the brace permanently in record time.

Susan said...

What a wonderful adventure! That house is really pretty - they just don't build them with all that extra detail anymore. And I'd want to be in that room too! Good to hear Milo is getting better. Hopefully his youth is on his side!

Teresa B said...

Sounds like you had a great week, thank you for sharing at The Really Crafty Link Party.