|T-shirt in Nordstrom's children's section|
Thanks for coming, grab a cup of something tasty and join me won't you?
|poster by Krista Brooks|
The first of my morning and the first from a freshly brewed pot.
It doesn't always happen but I like when I get just the right amount of milk to coffee, the perfect ratio of strong roast to creamy milk, the perfect balance. The perfect taste. The perfect heat, not scalding not cold.
As an aside, I grew up with a father who drank black coffee all day and a mother who drank cokes and iced tea not coffee. I learned to enjoy coffee one semester when I had an unfortunate 8 AM statistics class in university. Being a night owl, I learned to drink coffee from the vending machine in class.
2. I like down time. I like having a whole day stretched out in front of me where I can decide when to get up, when to get dressed, when to stop drinking coffee and move on to the next adventure. I might be a home body. I am never bored at home because it's filled with things I like.
And dust and clutter.
3. I Like coloring. I've always liked coloring, since a little girl. I scribbled color across lines with those big fat crayons to see color next to color. Then I refined my coloring when given a " box of 64"big girl crayons, the one with the built in sharpener.
I carefully outlined in pressed down crayon the black lines, and filled in the areas being careful not to go outside the lines.
At some point I decided I wanted to color outside the lines again!
Or draw my OWN lines then color outside them!
Or color first, then draw lines on top!
4. I like the color Red right now. I kept out the cardinals (from our tree this year) out on top of the TV cabinet where I can see them.
|This towel is really red not pink like the picture|
|Nature made this heart out of berries! I just noticed it|
Colors vibrate and we react to them in feelings according to our perception.
5. I like the posts labeled "Dear Bacon" of pet photos each week. This week is especially hilarious to me.
6.Lord and Taylor has pretty dresses lining the aisles right now... look at this one with pearls crusting the neckline...
It's heavy too. This is the back which reminds me that I like a lower back.
A person who needs support cannot get away with this but a young really thin woman could.
I have always enjoyed fashion, and it's kind of sad not to be able to wear the things I would like, but I am all about comfort now anyway. How about you?
7. I like these chocolate covered strawberries at Godiva
Very French (to an American) display of fancy work.
Eating a chocolate covered strawberry is sometimes challenging to me, since the first bite causes all the chocolate to fall off in your lap.
Still, the display is pretty and would feel decadent to receive a paper cone of them wouldn't it?
Are they worth the calories?
I do love to see how stores display merchandise. Wonder what that is all about? Is it kind of like home dec?
We were walking in the mall instead of the neighborhood this evening, as it was very cold and icy. I am drawn into Crate and Barrel and Pottery Barn as if I'm coming home. AS IF!
8.I Like knitting socks. Who knew the yarn on the right with mottled color would knit into that lovely pattern on the left? That's the leg portion of my new sock, and I'm about to do the heel. I knit socks on two circular needles now. I used to do two at once but they get heavy at the end. I LOVE the feel of hand knitted socks.
9. I Like the Great American Baking Show on NBC right now, Thursday is the finale. I used to bake, even used to make eclairs, loaves of bread, and crepes regularly. I do not enjoy that as much now, but I love seeing a beautifully made pastry! The show is fashioned after the British baking show which was bought out and will change character now anyway. Ick. Expect more nasty competition.
Last episode one contestant cried when another was sent home, saying she should be happy to be one step closer to winning but she has come to really care about the other contestants.
Wow. Imagine. One doesn't have to step on another to win. One doesn't have to squelch all competition to still win a prize. One can retain their humility and kindness in life. Good goal.
10. I Like ear nibbles from a pup
(This isn't him but looks like him) (just google small blond shaggy dogs)
There's a young woman in our neighborhood who walks a little blond doggie.
It's mixed..... part sweetness, part excitement, and a little adventurer. I always say hi when we meet. This time he jumped up. I managed to mostly avoid the jumps but then he looked into my eyes and asked me "please get close to my face"
I said, "oh, he wants to get close to my face... oooop!!" He jumped up, I held his little feet and bent down, and he looked into my eyes intently, then snuggled up to my face and nibbled my ear!
His girl said, "he does like to bite our ears"
Don't you love how each dog has a thing? His thing is earlobes. I can't lie... it felt nice!
What did you like this week?
As usual let me know if you also did an I Like post and I'll put a link here. Enjoy visits with these people: