Monday, November 23, 2015

Fall in Fabric

My love of trees is evident in my art.
I don't seem to tire of them, nor their leaves, bark, lines.
Is it their energy?
I also work on art inspired by the seasons, so I am just now finishing up this year's Fall quilt.
Remember you can click on the photos to enlarge for details. I recommend that to look at the veining in the leaves. Inside each leaf is the branch treatment in the tree... and the lines are inspiring. I find I want to paint the line with threads...
A very simple stylized interpretation on fabric. I pressed the leaf fabric onto scraps of peltex, proving one should never throw scraps away ,
small scraps of peltex stabilizer
 and directed by my heart, I drew lines with thread.

These are going on the fall quilt. I am fighting with the borders now, but it is based on my drawing, turned into painting on fabric, turned into a quilted wall hanging.


Linking to the wonderful parties on my links page, and .supermomnocape

17 comments:

Christine B said...

These are beautiful... looking forward to seeing them on the quilt! Christine x

quiltedfabricart said...

are you zig zagging around every edge? oh my! lots of little bits. They will be worth it though to have a 3 D touchy feely quilt. can't wait to see :-)

gayle said...

Your leaves are gorgeous! Can't wait!

Jackie Bouchard said...

Really cool! Love the lines. The raspberry cow block is too cute! And poor Cole getting a bath! At least Rita only got brushed!

Joanne said...

Hi LeeAnna,
What a great product to use for making leaves! Thanks for the tip!
The leaves look so autumnal! Perfect autumn touches on your Fall quilt!
Really looking forward to seeing it!
Take care,
Joanne

Joanne said...

Hi LeeAnna,
What a great product to use for making leaves! Thanks for the tip!
The leaves look so autumnal! Perfect autumn touches on your Fall quilt!
Really looking forward to seeing it!
Take care,
Joanne

Deb said...

I just love your fabric leaves, such a great idea to use the stiff inner fuse I will have to keep that in mind for future project.

Adventurous Quilter said...

This will be gorgeous. So inspiring!

Adventurous Quilter said...

This will be gorgeous. So inspiring!

sonja said...

LeAnna,
Leaves are endlessly amazing to me too! i study veining , shape,coloring ...oh the possibilities!! i like to rearrange them and scatter on the table or stand in a cup like pencils and admire the things nature shows us when we pay attention! A Very happy thankful leaf season to you, all year!
I look forward to your fall quilt reveal!! sonja

PaulaB quilts said...

Hi, there. I found your post on Sew Cute Tuesday. You can't beat nature for inspiration. The more I observe it, the more I grow. Back in college biology I was awed by the intricacies and perfection of submicroscopic things like viruses, all the way out to the cosmos. Keep doing and enjoying it!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Fantastic leaves!

Angela said...

Love the leaves!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

I love leaves also and can't wait to see more of this!

Jason Martin said...

I think that texture is got from autumn leaves.
Luton parking meet and greet

Reena Ewan said...

Loved to see such amazing fall colors filled in this fabric.
cheapest Heathrow parking

Calisto Asher said...

Great read about fall fashion! While I'm all about style, I also love convenience. For a stress-free trip, consider Express Parking for Valet Parking At Heathrow Terminal 3. According to me it's the perfect way to start your journey with ease.