Thursday, October 8, 2026

I like Thursday # 526 "haunted house anyone?"

 

I had a fall this week, my left foot is deadened, caught the uneven sidewalk, and I had a hard fall onto my right shin... hurting a lot

I also faced a lot of hard things this week, the new therapist said I'm to go 24 hours without talking badly to myself and I've had to keep resetting that clock all week. I hired a lawyer to represent me in my upcoming divorce, faced a lot of online challenges and not slept well again. 

So that makes writing a list of "likes" harder... sorry y'all

I like this video on making smaller meals with a loaf pan


The prompt this week is do you prefer cute funny Halloween decorations or scary haunted houses

I say with no thinking about it

CUTE and FUNNY for me

I put my skeleton flamingos out, and the tombstone that says spells, a lantern and pumpkin

that must do it for this year, but life is scary enough for me, so no "BOOS" please! 

Alfie likes the hanging pumpkin

I like shadows and red leaves


my boy one morning


please visit these folk to read their likes this week







14 comments:

Susie H said...

I'm sorry to hear you fell. I fear that for Mom (with osteoporosis) and myself (with polyneuropathy). I like scary Halloween decorations best but not gory. Maybe a few skeletons, witches, and black cats. Repeat after me: You are a GREAT person! You are a CREATIVE person, You are a SHARING person! I hope you have a fabulous next 24 hours!!

Sara said...

So sorry to hear about your fall - and all the stressful things involved with a divorce. I'm glad however that you're doing counseling for your own well being. Give yourself some grace as the healing will take some time.

I don't like the scary Halloween things or scary Halloween movies either. Haunted Houses might be good fundraisers for groups but I would never go through one. The little town we used to live in had an annual "adult" Halloween costume party. It raised a ton of money for summer youth activities, like baseball, etc. We had such fun coming up with costumes each year - but never went with scary ones.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It sounds like you've had a tough week, and I'm so sorry you're going through all that. I'm glad Alfie is there for companionship. Dogs are so good at that! The video with the loaf pan dinners has some great ideas. And I laughed out loud at the cartoon you shared at the end - it's so true!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Dang, I hope your foot is all better super soon. We're always thankful for you and Alfie! Thanks for joining Angel Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

Angela said...

Yikes, it has been a rough week! I am so sorry. Sending you love and hugs.

Cloudia said...

Such a pleasure to be with you!

Cloudia said...

I'm wishing you a better week next week

Theresa J Johnson said...

My Thursday like is your blog! We like a lot of the same things.
Hang in there, Girl. Others have been there and survived, even thrived. We are all here for you.

Tigger's Mum said...

Talking kindly to yourself is possibly the best thing you can do for your overall health (mind, soul, body). Practice every day - say out loud kind and encouraging things out loud to yourself.

Jody said...

Very sad to hear you have had a fall. They are nasty.

As for the divorce, the lawyer is the most important thing to have, and to make sure you get a good lawyer who will fight for you. I am very grateful for the lawyer who guided me through my divorce, she was an amazing ally and advocate for me.
You are going through a lot, it is not always possible to speak in a positive manner to yourself. Do what you can, but don't dwell on lapses. Take good care of you. Sending love and hugs your way.

MissPat said...

I'm sorry you're having such a rough week. Listen to your therapist. Practicing self-compassion take time, but the benefits are worth the effort. One of the meditation teachers I follow also says to talk to yourself the way you would talk to a good friend having difficulties. Another thing meditation teachers stress is that everything is always changing. You may think it will always be like this, but nothing stays the same forever. You are making decisions, you are getting help. Those are both good things.
Pat

Carolyn said...

What a hard week you have had! I’m glad you have your dog so you are not alone. As for Halloween decorations, I am not a fan of any of them. I enjoyed the video you posted of the loaf plan meals. There were some good ones in there, and it’s difficult to cook for one person.

DVArtist said...

I'm sorry you are going through so much. Find things that make you happy is good medicine. For Halloween you know I like scary all the way.

Duke said...

You are certainly having one tough week! I prefer Autumn colors to Halloween - pumpkins and mums and sunflowers and bittersweet, etc. Take good care of your mom, Alfie!