Thursday, July 23, 2026

I Like Thursday # 515 diaries and summer crushes, muffins, shadows and a poodle

 


Fine Dining likes

pumpkin banana muffins
recipe centercutcook  and they are fragrant, moist, and just the right sweetness

Also made Thumbprint cookies again, made with almond flour, and seedless raspberry jelly (no pic)
my fave Peanut butter cookie recipe.... just right...


my potted cucumber set blossom, so the vege will hopefully soon

love the way tendrils sprout to hold on for safety in our winds

we managed a bit of porch time despite the near 100F temps this week





mama, it's hot but I like being out


shadow shot on a walk this week


I took a photo through a latice and like the distance on it!

Reading ebooks and listening to audio books while in the studio


watching Big Brother... great summer entertainment... anyone else want to discuss strategy?


Our conversation starter this week 


did you or do you keep a diary? what kind of things did you put in yours? ever have a summer crush or vation romance? 

I started about 6th grade with a traditional child's diary, with a tiny key. I wrote daily telling what happened, who I had a crush on, what I did, how school went. I remember loving the process, and hiding the diary since my mother was a snoop. 

I romanticized life, so yes summer crushes happened. 
I often spent a month with my sister's family, and when she lived in Washington Indiana I fell for her neighbor's son, who was older than I was by a year. He was 14 and soooooo handsome. Our two families often hung out in evenings, the kids played and chased lighting bugs.  We rode bikes together and talked and I pretended he was my boyfriend. 

I met a guy at beach week after high school graduation, and we had a summer romance but he wanted more than I was prepared for then. Still.... 
so many crushes over the dam, summer flings. 
I fell for a guy I met while staying with my friend's family at their beach place... he was tall and skinny, I had such a crush on him, he juggled, and worked at the newspaper office, and it lasted the summer.

"see you in september"

shadow shot on a walk this week

please visit these folks to see what they like in a picnic basket, and share here with me! 
if you ever want to do an I Like Post to include, let me know to add in your link! 





8 comments:

PaintedThread said...

Muffins and cookies look delicious. We have a bit of cooler weather after our heat wave. Whew!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love anything made with pumpkin - yummy muffins! And peanut butter cookies are my favorite. It looks like that shady concrete is cool for Alfie. You got a great fence and shadow photo!

Angela said...

My mother was also a snoop. I stopped writing in my diary when I learned that.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Boy do those muffins look good and the peanut butter cookies too! Alfie, you are always a cool dude, even when it's hot! Thanks for joining Angel Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Yummy treats! It has been so hot lately and with poor air qaulity. I feel like I'm missing summer fun

Tigger's Mum said...

fab shadow capture- both of them. No oven here - I miss muffins especially

Debra She Who Seeks said...

No diaries or journals for me. Never leave written evidence, LOL.

Duke said...

Your muffins and cookies look so yummy! We have wonderful weather for the next couple of days. We will send you cooling breezes!