| alfie, July 1 2026, laughing! |
Welcome to this week's list of likes, starting with my puppy Alfie, 2 years old, and is developing a real sense of humor! He is greeting human friends now without prompting, and today greeted a schnauzer while out on a walk.
Speaking of walks, a few pictures
the weather is hot, so when I see gathering clouds, it's a cause for celebration! I love the rays of turquoise and the white tinged clouds in this photousually it's blazing hot intense sun of high altitudes here, creating mighty shadows
alfie spotted this baby bunny on a walk, sooooo tiny but since Alfie is a scientist dog, he observes behaviors of wild life
However, this wasn't normal
the wind was so very harsh and this was bobbing and weaving, scaring the pup so no pic with it... he stayed far back, playing it cool, pretending to sniff a tree no time to dawdle mama| beautiful day lillies |
| wonderful cloud formation this afternoon! |
Fine Dining
Avgolemono
I made chicken, rice, lemon Greek soup this week, and we had it four times ! I love having soup to warm up pre meal....
| yep that's feta cheese on top! |
Alfie's like this week:
| Watermelon! |
He is not an adventurous eater, and after the last two weeks of (urping daily, the diarrhea daily) an emergency room visit and flagyl medications he is ready to eat again!
surfing brings new meaning to "moon=doggie" of the 60's when this dog surfs
our conversation starter this week:
I have a request of others.... stop firing off fireworks right next to my home, til midnight for weeks after the holiday.
PLEASE stop
PLEASE
if this starts my pup's intestinal upset again, I might scream
Another cute video to share:
excuse me maam is this yours?
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/6D15BmcCino
13 comments:
I'm so glad Alfie is feeling better. And he's getting so brave. My favorite July 4th memory as a kid - watching the fireworks set off over the high school football field. My dad was part of the volunteer fire department that did all the work. I would lay on the hood of our car to look up and watch. I still love fireworks.
All of our dogs have been freaked out by fireworks. There was some last night and Banksy laid in bed next me shaking and quaking. Poor dog!
Fireworks don't seem to bother my dog as much as my cat. She hides for the evening. Lovely story about the 4-yr-old on your 4th of July in the past. I do hope Alfie's abdominal issues are over with for good. Gracie experiences the same issues (mostly puking) which seem to be seasonal for her. We find FortiFlora works pretty good for her.
Alfie, I am so thrilled you are so happy now that you are finally home. You really are such a good boy! Thanks for joining Angel Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!
Oh my gosh - loved the horse video, and your beautiful sky photos, too! Glad Alfie is feeling better and enjoying exploring the neighborhood. I love watermelon, too, Alfie!
Glad Alfie is feeling better. Poor guy! I've read the Buried in a Bog series and enjoyed it. Thanks for linking up and have a great 4th!
Love those day lily colors.
It's the local fireworks that get us too. You can never prepare your puppy for fireworks that neighbors set off. We live on the hill that looks over the city fireworks. Naw, we don't watch. Turn the tv up so the dog doesn't freak out. Happy Fourth to you and Alfie!
I love Alfie's face portrait. He's a real cutie!
My folks used to give our dog a baby aspirin to help calm her during the fireworks. Glad Alfie is feeling better. You got some nice photo's on your walk. Cool sky in the first picture.
Sandy's Space
Good on Alfie for trying melon - my brother's dogs crunch on the rinds (and love carrot and apples, and peanut butter!)
I am so glad Alfie is feeling better. As for those fireworks. When I still had dogs it was awful. One of the vets we had suggested using melatonin for calming the panic that many dogs feel from fireworks. The dosage and timing of dosage are important. If you are interested in trying that I would ask your vet about dosage. As for timing I haven't forgotten. It's 20 minutes prior. Which worked well for us for fireworks that were planned (Canada Day, New Years Eve) but seldom worked for thunderstorms as the dogs could usually hear that before we could even see it. Happy 4th of July to you!
Glad Alfie is feeling a little better...oh yes flagyl is something I had forgotten about. He is lucky to have you as a mom.
Post a Comment