Thursday, July 25, 2024

I Like Thursday # 412 road trip (with a poodle)

 Road Trip Car Royalty-Free Images, Stock Photos & Pictures ...

still haven't decided whether to capitulate and give google access to my photos so I'm held hostage. The photo above was not taken by me

The prompt this week is Road Trips, do you like them and tell us about one

I LOVE road trips, the car becomes like your rolling house, with stuff, drinks, snacks in it and you decide where and when you go. I especially like to take back roads instead of interstates. 

We stop when we think something looks interesting, we get out and walk around towns, we see things like the Ill. town with lots of BIG sculptures, we stop to shop at quilt stores, we stop to see natural wonders. This takes a bit of research to know what's on the route.  

Road Trip!

stopping lets you stretch your muscles, see new things, get lunches with locals, shop, etc. We've stopped because of a sign that says festival! like the Ramps festival in W. VA  celebrating everything about the vege ramp which is like onion/ garlic. Of course there was a Miss Ramp Festival if I remember right. 

We stopped at art festivals in the adirondaks and music/dance festivals in Maine (where we did zydeco dancing) and Harvest Festivals in VT. as well as many others. 

I like being able to see the scenery changes along the way. I like listening to books on disc sometimes finishing a book on that trip (one of the outlander books was heard on the trip to Lake Placid one year) 

quilt shop - By the Yard®

dh mostly drives so I can stitch on a project, hand over drinks and snacks, research fun things as we go

When I was 5, my mother took a road trip in her big oldsmobile, from Florida to California. It was a crowded car with the woman who often took care of me, my Aunt Marie, My Uncle NC and his wife Eunice who lived in Texas who got in as we drove past Houston, another family couple jumped in near the petrified forest. There were times I sat on laps.

The AC was not working in the desert, and 5 or 6 hefty adults and one 5 year old somehow endured

We spent a night in Las Vegas, where somehow I got away from the mother on a bathroom trip, and stood eye level at a table to watch. All the adults suddenly stopped moving and were statues til the mother grabbed me by the arm ad hauled me away.

we visited Disney land, Knotts Berry Farm, in CA, I think might have dipped down to tijuana where I was photo'd on a mule with a man in a big feather war bonnet. 

Even a 5 year old remembers that epic trip


On the blogging front

can't deal with the photo hostage situation. Google demands I give them access to my personal photos before they let me use them here. I clicked on explain this. 

The answer? just do what we said, click on complete permission. That was it, not what they are taking control over, not what they are doing with it. 

I've listened to the last 2 in the series this week, and have read many of this series but need to figure out which ones I missed. A caterer in the mountains of colorado gets involved in mysteries

The Whole Enchilada - Davidson, Diane Mott

Finished this book and am on book two, laughing out loud while reading

 

I'm not doing much arting as I'm hurting, cooking if I have to. 

DH cleaned off the back porch of broken bird eggs and dirt. We put new cushions in the chairs and sat one day last week. In the heat/noise/smell of smoke/ that is our part of colorado. Might be time to open the new bottle oflemoncello

 

Milo's Moments

Not Afraid of Color: I Like Thursday # 280

gosh y'all not a lot going on, the mama's injured back stops all but walks and ear cleanings. I love her and snuggle her each morning when she comes downstairs. I lean against her leg and look up with my big golden brown eyes, and send her thoughts of... 

love and give me a breakfast cookie

she mostly gets it. I can't say as she's fluent in poodlish though... she's trying to learn Italian, and hasn't realized the importance of speaking Poodlish. When I stare at her at night, it sometimes takes 5 minutes to send the message I'm out of water! sheesh! 

To go outside, I sometimes have to bite gently at daddy's arm to pull him to the door. 

have y'all seen all the bite sized bunnies around these days? my pawrents won't let me pick one up 

Have you all gotten your short haircuts for the heat? I did

Not Afraid of Color: P-Pod (poodle pic of the day)
copied my own image online... yea!

One time this week Mama went to bed early instead of keeping me company til daddy finished his shower and came back to let me out one more time. She just crept upstairs, I got up and sent her a message what are you doing;? do I come up now? so I just followed her, opened the bedroom door myself to see her getting on the big bed without me. Can you imagine? I was kinda peeved I'll admit, I stomped over to the chair I use to get up there and Daddy stopped me saying I still had to go out. 

I mean, go BACK down those stairs again? Have you seen how doggies have to go down head first? 

Anyway, that's the news from my point of view

please visit these people to hear their likes this week 

https://www.mmmquilts.com/

  http://3poodlesandanana.blogspot.com/

https://canadianneedlenana.blogspot.com/  

https://comfortspiral.blogspot.com/

 
taking a break: 
 
   LINKING WITH 

https://brianshomeblog.com/ 

http://itsasmalltownlife.blogspot.com/   

http://goodrandomfun.blogspot.com

https://llbinourbackyard.blogspot.com/

               friday smiles


16 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

i remember this old times in cars without AC... ours had even plastic seats, I really wonder how we survived that... we must be a special generation in any way...

Tigger's Mum said...

Love a road trip if it is not time constrained (and who isn't these days). Not sure what you are getting at about the photos - yes my blogger has changed the way photos attached but it hasn't asked me to give Google access to my personal photos (yet). And if it did I would store most of them offline and only load back the ones I want to put in the blog. A faff I know but big tech is not getting my private 'content' for free.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Hot and smoky up north here, too. We need a good rainstorm to wash it all away! I sometimes wonder how we all safely made it through to adulthood with all those road trips in the big old station wagon, and no seat belts. Lots of fun, though! Happy Thursday!

Sara said...

I'm so sorry you are still hurting so much. And the smoke in the air! Here too. I do enjoy a good road trip, but not necessarily with my husband. He likes to just drive from point A to point B without stopping. LOL He has usually enjoys seeing something new - if I can get him to actually make the stop to see something interesting.

Cloudia said...

Bless you Milo! Be careful on the steps 🙏🏽 Hope Mama feels better soon 🙏🏽

Cloudia said...

https://comfortspiral.blogspot.com/2024/07/wonder-eyes.html?m=0

Cloudia said...

Incredible! I use Google photos on my phone so I don't have any problem. I think they just need your permission to add them. Nothing nefarious going on to my mind! Have a good week

Angela said...

Feel better soon!

Brian's Home Blog said...

We used to do lots of road trips when I was growing up. I sure hope you feel better soon. Milo, it's cookie time! Thanks for joining Angel Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Road trips were always fun when we were kids. I hope you figure out this problem with Google. I hope you feel better!

PaintedThread said...

Thinking of cars without AC - we were just talking about the butterfly windows that used to be in cars. :-) Hope you feel better.

Sandy said...

I am not up to speed about google and photo's. Is there a problem? Road trips when we were kids aren't super memorable. 3 kids in the back seat, and Mom and Dad up front. We had destinations, so not much stopping along the way, except for a picnic lunch. And you'd get out all sweaty with your clothes sticking to you.
Sandy's Space

Lisca said...

All our childhood holidays were road trips. We had a box on top of a Vauxhall Viva (very small car compared to American cars) for our luggage and all the camping equipment in the boot. Great fun to be with mum and dad when they were relaxed and having fun too. Very memorable as you say.We stopped in all sorts of small places.
I'm sorry you are still hurting, but a road trip will distract from the pain.
I have no idea what the Google problem is. All my photos are up in the cloud and I have a Macbook, so I don't use Google photos. If you no longer want to use Google photos, could you not export them to another application? Anyway, what do I know?
I always love Milos comments and of course (not having a dog) didn't realize the doggie implications of getting down the stairs face-first, lol.
Well, try to keep cool in this weather and see you next Friday,
Lisca

Annie said...

I’m so sorry to hear how you’re struggling. I’m hoping that your pain lessons and life improves for you.
Hugs,
Annie x

Michelle said...

I love a good road trip. Nothing like being free and able to stop and do what you want! I am sorry to hear you are struggling. I know Milo is a great companion and a comfort to you. I do use Google photos on my laptop and phone as I have a Samsung. Be well and thank you for linking up.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry to read you are in so much pain. I hope your back improves soon.

I've taken many road trips across the country. To save money, I would sleep in my car in rest areas and clean up there the next morning. I got good at bathing and washing my hair in sinks. Now it isn't safe to do that.

I used to take my cat and dog with me on road trips. The only cat I ever knew that enjoyed riding ln a car.

Milo, I hope Mama learns Poodish soon for your sake!