Thursday, September 3, 2026

I Like Thursday # 521 Fall is coming

 

welcome to this week's list of likes... starting with my little companion, Alfie the good

We had some more normal temps for Colorado summer this week, mid to high 80's and we both loved being able to walk early morning and not spontaneously combust! 

loved this little vignette on the side of someone's house
some neighbors I always enjoy chatting with, Walter and Heidi, decided to dig up the grass on their tree lawn and put these lovely flowers in place, to save on water which is like GOLD here

this sight was interesting on our walk

Loved the sky one early evening, it has rained (10 drops approx) almost daily for two weeks, might have evaporated before hitting the waiting grass and trees but created fun skies. 

Alfie enjoys a little amuse bouche in the early mornings, in bed... I will gladly spoil him to stop vomit of stomach bile.... he loves yogurt, this time with a spoon of leftover mashed sweet potatoes


he either closed his eyes in bliss, or fell asleep in his treat! 


conversation starter this week

You know it's almost the end of summer when..... 

the nights are a bit cooler, tree leaves start to take on a golden cast, you see mums showing up by front doors, I change the kitchen towels to fall colors and dream of cooler temps. 

what about you? 

Fall is my favorite season

I started reading a book by Anne Lamott


things are wretched at Chez LeeAnna right now, lonely and despondent so  hope for wisdom here
I gratefully accept all prayers 

I'll explain eventually I promise, and I'm grateful for every one of you reading this now 

5 comments:

Susie H said...

Healing prayers headed your way. Glad you have Alfie to console you.

Mary said...

I am so very sorry you are having these struggles I'm adding you to my prayer list.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You get beautiful sky photos there, LeeAnna! Poor Alfie - so tired. But eating the treats anyway, lol! I love Anne Lamott - she is such a good writer!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Hello handsome Alfie! You gonna enjoy your romps if the weater does cool down. Pretty flowers! Thanks for joining Angel Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

Cloudia said...

I love Autumn too. There is a difference in Hawaii, but not like the beautiful changing leaves of my childhood. Perhaps I'll visit the changing leaves someday. Aloha friend!

https://comfortspiral.blogspot.com/2026/09/blog-post_03.html?m=0