Saturday, July 29, 2017

Hexie Star blocks in Blue

And this is why I love color! All the colors together are so very happy! And this is just the ones already finished, there are ones ready to construct, and ones in my head!
Anyway... this month at the RSC focuses on using blue scraps, so here are the ones I have done
 close up so you can enjoy the fabrics


 hee hee
look at the fabrics left when I made a stack and whack years ago!






 little lizzards! One of these is not like the others, haha







 I am having trouble setting this one, I think it needs mostly plain white around it, not the body parts
or the one I planned for it
too beige-y and wallpaper-y
http://nelliesniceties.blogspot.com Pattern source
Note the millennium fabric from 2000. Those scraps have been in the box a while! I might just use this setting anyway...

As I was photographing these I placed the plain star on a background without the hexie effect and thought how cool just appliqueing them all touching would be!
linking to
http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/
lovelaughquilt.mondays
Main Crush Monday
the mop link party mondays
oh Scrap Sundays 
 slow stitching Sundays
 scrap happy Saturdays
sewcanshe Saturdays


 

26 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Sorry that last BLUE hexie block is giving you SEW much trouble! I'm sure you will figure out what it wants soon enough.

Julierose said...

these are so pretty--love them all--that last one with the sky fabric would be my favorite...hugs, Julierose

Sara said...

You're right, they are very happy together! Are these paper pieced?

Miaismine said...

Very pretty!

sonja said...

"so much fabric, so little time"....i really like a buttery yellow behind a blue sometimes, what about you? Hey, think i have some 2000 blue fabric in the blues box!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

These are so lovely!

Needled Mom said...

I love those. There is just something happy about bright stars.

PaulaB quilts said...

They really shine as a group. Love the batik background, no to the body parts.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are so pretty - I love your first photo of all the different colors together!

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Oooh...blues! My favorite.

Nell's Quilts said...

Love the way the hexie stars all play together.

canuckquilter said...

The hexie stars look great together. I especially like how you have scattered a few with colored background and light star in the mix.

easyweimaraner said...

they look great... like your own walk of fame ;o)

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Wow those are gorgeous. Love your stars, and I don't thin I can pick a favorite of the blues.

Angie said...

So many blue scraps - so little time! I'm in awe of your stick-to-itiveness on those spiky hexie stars!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Love these stars! I need to get out my EPP soon and work on it. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Anne Ida said...

Oh, your star blocks are fabulous! Love all the colours!

Quilter Kathy said...

I love seeing them all together at a distance, and then seeing them close up to notice all the details... FUN!
Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

claudia said...

These ARE happy blocks! That's the first thing I thought when I saw the pictures! You are a patient woman, I don't know that I would finish hexie blocks. But that's okay, I like looking at yours!

Kaja said...

I think that the occasional background you are not so happy with won't matter once they are all together; the stars will just shine out.

Home Sewn By Us said...

WOW - these stars look great! I really love the fabrics, especially that one background with the different colored stars. They do all look so happy. They make me smile - it must make you smile to look at your design wall. ~smile~ Roseanne

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

All together they are so striking !!

Mary K. said...

Ohh the wonders of a sewer in a room with a machine and fabric. I know there are so many pretty patterns out there just waiting to be used.

Susan said...

Those stars look awesome! I want to see more!

Sandy Panagos said...

Wow, I don't think I have ever seen that block before. It's beautiful. And, yes, the colors really do play well together. It's beautiful.

Glenda said...

Love love your stars they have brighten up my day as it was feeling a little dab! Big HUGS Glenda