Thursday, February 4, 2016

Is this a gift... or an opportunity to give back?

the diamonds are about 4" across
You know the old belief if you save someone's life, you are now responsible for it?

Well a friend gave me a bag of scraps. I washed them all in mesh bags, and found these after...
29 hexie/diamonds ready to be stitched together. They are a little wonky. There are about 30 more hexies cut to go with them, without the red triangles. All an  I-spy that reminds me of the old view master toy.

I want to pass these on to someone who would like to put them together into a quilt for a child to enjoy.
If you want to do this, I only ask that the child be one in need... foster care or illness for instance.

Is anyone out there willing to take these blocks from me? I will draw names in a few days,  if there is more than one hardy soul willing to take on this small project. It will be a connection, my friend=to me=to you=to a child.
It's a good thing.

Update, I am going to send them to Sonja. If you will be next on the list in case anything happens, please let me know,
Thank you so much!

4 comments:

sonja said...

pick me pick me!!!! i love red and all the other colors and would love to donate a quiltie made from these and some of my fabric.

LA Paylor said...

you know what? OKAY! I will gladly pick Sonja and as soon as I get her addy, I'll mail them to you! Thanks so much!

Deb said...

Great connection, cute pieces.

Yanicka said...

Ahhh to late :)