Tuesday, March 24, 2015

A thank you gift, an experiment and a funny sign






I've been experimenting again. This time with ink pads. And it's not good.
First of all, I turned the failed experiment into a pouch that has a really nice shape. I like it.

What I learned: The ink pad I've been using on fabric for years, that leaves a strong black line, isn't waterproof. Even after ironing.

Why is that important if you aren't washing something you ask??


Sit this little pouch down on a damp counter and the ink runs.
If you don't mind adhesives, which I have a problem with, you could coat it in gel medium to set it.
 Well I'm not throwing it away, I'll use it somehow! I don't mind a little blurring.

It started a hunt for permanent ink. I discovered two, VersaCraft and Scribbles. I haven't tried them yet as I just ordered them from Amazon.
I also discovered another ink and way to make your own pads but need to keep that info for an article and classes.


Remember this dog fabric?
I made a quick thank you gift for Miss Tammy who watches Cole when we're gone for the day

She has a cute little beagle named Chloe.
She likes French Country colors so I used the gold with red hearts for a border. The beagle print had a weird box under it's paw, so I appliqued a coffee cup for fun, since it's a coaster.

When I gave it to her she said Chloe LOVES coffee and licks their face after they drink a cup!

A sign at the restaurant Cracker Barrel. And another one...

Don't you love the little teapot guy? With loafers on! I wish I'd gotten him but didn't notice him til I looked at the pictures!
That's it for today. I'm sick with my third cold of the winter.


13 comments:

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Fun post! I'm sorry about that darn cold...they are so exhausting!! Hang in there girl!

Maria said...

Cute coaster! Hope you feel better... get some rest!

Marly said...

Are you telling me more people have jumping chocolate bars? I thought I was the only one! I like your coaster; the appliqué is a neat solution.

Mari said...

Oh, Leeanna, I'm sorry the ink didn't hold up. But at least you made some lemonade out of lemons. Good luck with that cold--this has been a horrid year for them.

Ann said...

I like the shape of your pouch, too. Get (and stay) well!

Joanne said...

Hi LeeAnna,
You're so creative! Even with a cold!
I hope blue sky Spring days are headed your way!
Crakker Barrel looks like a fun place to visit!
Take care,
Joanne

Joanne said...

Hi LeeAnna,
You're so creative! Even with a cold!
I hope blue sky Spring days are headed your way!
Crakker Barrel looks like a fun place to visit!
Take care,
Joanne

Jayne said...

Love the chocolate is a salad! Good luck with the ink. I have never done any stamping on fabric so I can't offer help! You'll find the right combination!

Jackie Bouchard said...

That coaster is so cute! And so funny about Chloe liking coffee. We had a beagle that liked it too! Would try to drink it right out of your cup if you left it within her reach!

Lorna McMahon said...

Such a lovely pouch. Too bad about that ink. Hope your new ideas work out better! How thoughtful of you to make that sweet coaster for your friend. It's really cute!

Kaja said...

Shame about that running ink: your pouch is lovely. Blurry might still be okay though.

Martha Ginn said...

What precious doggie fabric! Perfect for gifts. We're covered in pine pollen here and some people are getting allergy problems. But at least we didn't have the snow/ice madness. Azaleas are blooming beautifully in South Mississippi!

Magpie Sue said...

You did a fabulous job with that beagle on the coaster! I suspect you and I are drawn to the same sort of dust catchers judging from the pix from Cracker Barrel.