Sunday, February 1, 2015

Swirling Midwinter Ball 2015

 Do you wanna dance??
                                        We do! We do!
Mr Not-Afraid-of-color, Drew to his friends, and I met over 21 years ago at a Contra dance.
It's the most fun you'll have while wearing clothes!
We went to the Ball last night, and both of us are feeling the physical reminders of all that swirling and twirling and fun.
I studied ballet, tap, and modern dance. I also belonged to a Cajun dance group in Tampa so I enjoy a good fais-do-do.
Drew and I have been known to Swingdance, Tango, waltz and zydeco together, but our real love is Contra.

If you've never done it, run to find one in your area.

So many nice people, laughing, enjoying the Giant Robot Dance band, playing live music.


 This is NOT me!! The 20-somethings have really added a lot to the mix, luckily with each other! I think my upside down dancing days might just be behind me but it's fun to see.
For those who don't know this style of dance, it's addictive. You find a partner for a dance, the movements for that dance are walked thru, you dance the whole song with that partner working your way up the line dancing with each couple as you come to them.  After the song is over you find another partner. There was one dance a month in Tampa. There are nearly 5 dances a week in this area.

Who knows you might meet the Valentine of your dreams at a dance! I did!

7 comments:

sonja said...

what fun! i DO love to dance, under the moonlight and almost anywhere the
music moves me! Congrats to u and the Mr!!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I am not a dancer! We took several ball room dancing and cha cha classes. Frank has lots of rhythm, I have none!

Love your tea pot idea for the RSC!

Lisa said...

Great way to meet! Not a dancer, Mr U is even less so :-)

Maria said...

Wow, look at all of that FUN!

Joanne said...

Hi LeeAnna!
Looks like a great Midwinter thing to do!
Fun!
Take care,
Joanne

Joanne said...

Hi LeeAnna!
Looks like a great Midwinter thing to do!
Fun!
Take care,
Joanne

Pat .F in Winnipeg said...

While my DH and I aren't dancers, his parents were ballroom dancers. A favourite summer, or even winter outing was to take the little travel trailer all over the back roads of North Dakota and Minnesota, from dance hall to dance hall. Ah-h-h, but those were different days!
Pat f in Winnipeg