Wednesday, March 26, 2014

experiment with hand made stencils


Well, I tried.
I thought I wanted the title, Cool Collections on my quilt.  I have put words on many quilts in the past but wanted to try something new. I chose the Storybook font, printed out the words to scale on paper. Then traced it on freezer paper and cut out the letters. Ironed the f.p. to fabric and painted  with Seta Shimmer paint using a smooth sponge.
The paint went on a dream but the turquoise didn't show enough, the black showed but isn't exciting. Even with quilting it's going to look cheesy.
You never know til you try...
LeeAnna

5 comments:

Joanne said...

Hi LeeAnna!
Nice Poodle in Paris fabric!
At least you tried! And that is way more than not trying!
Back to the drawing board for round 2!
Take care,
Joanne

bearbuster said...

Did you have fun trying? A great artist I know said ""I Just want to have fun or make something beautiful, one or the other." Sometimes frustration leads to inspiration. May today be your day of great inspiration!

Pat

LA Paylor said...

I did!! Actually some other time, this will work well, and it was easier than I thought, and controllable. Thanks for reminding me!
LeeAnna

Fort Worth Fabric Studio said...

I am glad you tried it out! You never know what will happen until you try. :)

Thank you for linking up to Fabric Frenzy Friday!
-Lindsey
Fabric Frenzy Friday

Esther Aliu said...

Fabulous! I love stenciling and starting is half the work. Have you considered making a stenciled block?