Friday, March 7, 2014

Come see me!



This month I will be the guest speaker for the PAX River Quilt Guild in Southern Maryland.
The link is HERE

                 ---Shameless Self Promotion----
I will be doing my favorite lecture, "Where did you get THAT idea??"
Combining my years in theater, years working with teenagers as a social worker, and years as a working artist who loves a challenge, I have created a presentation that is fun and interactive. My viewpoint is everyone is creative, it's just a matter of allowing it to flourish.  Along with imagination games, and stimulating interaction between members, I share 50 challenge quilts in person. There! Come see me!

The partial view of a quilt I am sharing at the top of the page came from my imagination one day. I must say I get a lot of ideas while doing something mindless, and since there is so much mindless-time in a day what with normal chores like clothes folding and dish washing, there is a lot of time to come up with ideas to make.

She is made from scraps,. see the scrap containment system   Click Here  or look for the label-- Studio-- on the side for more posts on my favorite room. She is twirling the world on her finger, seeing possibilities in the everyday,

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Hi LeeAnna!
Would love to sign up for your course!
Maybe someday!
Evnjoying Spring? Is the snow all gone?
Take care,
Joanne

Amy Art Quilter & Fyber Cafe said...

The wild poodle dancing is awesome, you conveyed the feeling of the posters, sometimes time just does not permit all the detail you dreamed about. I could always add another bead, you just need to stop, enough is enough, it is finished. It is not a great museum masterpiece, even those don't need to be perfect. :) AMY