Friday, August 30, 2013

Which way do I go?

show me the way...
This is a sign post from my Lake Placid pictures. I had planned to share a pic of a quilt in the works, maybe even ask for feedback. After rethinking it, and yes, I think too much, I didn't want to post pictures of art in progress this time, I'd rather show you finished work for some reason.

I have made almost 200 quilts and could show you any of a hundred you haven't seen and would probably enjoy viewing, but again that didn't feel right today.

Apparently I am floating at the moment. I am floating in a sea of ideas, projects with gathered supplies to make them, projects half finished, projects that need finishing, with a few deadlines thrown in for projects that must be done by a certain date. There are no lack of projects.

But here I am, wandering around, not wanting to work on anything.
Stop the presses!!! Me not want to sew???

I'm going to lay this at the feet of the weather. Too hot. No, that isn't it. Maybe it's ennui after all I returned from a haven to this messy house full of chores. Maybe there are just too many choices and Sophie, I'm having a hard time choosing which project to start with. No, I need to do the STAT Gauguin piece.
Maybe that's it... I need to do the one I don't want to make in the first place and feel uncomfortable working on others if this one is in the way.
 Do any of you ever feel like that?

If you've gotten to the end of all these words, first of all, thank you. Secondly, I'd love you to share your stories of how you get past the wandering around stage and into the just do it stage. 
 LAPaylor 2013

As a parting gift for reading, here's a thumbnail of a hand piecing quilt done except for quilting,  but it's colorful and you deserve some color, right?

Thanks for reading, LeeAnna


2 comments:

Kitchener Quilter said...

Love your hexie quilt, the colour and scale of two layers are very interesting together. Very vibrant. And yes, I get stuck when I "have" to do a project. I make a deal with myself, to do some of it, and something else I like, maybe a movie or hike or cooking. But I can't really settle until the must-do one is all finished. I'm a big procrastinator, but the best thing for me is to just do the hard stuff first and then really enjoy the good stuff.

LA Paylor said...

thanks for the encouragement. I actually made myself sketch out a Gauguin-Plan today and it's okay. We'll see how it pans out!
Rather quilt the yellow hexies!
LeeAnna