Thursday, August 15, 2013

friends are like flowers in the garden of life

I had to say goodbye to a good friend, DeAnn,  moving out of the neighborhood today. Those of you who know me, know letting go is hard for me. The good news is you don't have to. She and I can keep in touch. We will still see each other at MGMB (Martini Girls of Manhattan Beach) events and email about books. We will share stories about dogs, as Cole loves her. Even if she still lived here, it takes sitting down with a calendar and an act of congress to set a date for drinks so this is only a little change.
Do you all keep in touch with friends after a move? How do you do it?
LeeAnna

2 comments:

Sherrie Spangler said...

I've had to move all over the country a LOT for my husband's job, but I keep in touch through emails and my annual Christmas newsletter. I've discovered that many friends aren't writers, but they will message with Facebook; others send great Christmas letters but that's it for the year; and the ones who like to email are the ones I continue getting to know the best.

Brienne Brown said...

I find it very hard to say goodbye to friends. I always wish that I could have everyone I love in the same town with me and be able to walk to their houses. Since I can't do that.... I keep in touch by email, phone, facebook, cards, and visiting. I have varying degrees of success, but I find that with my close friends, even if we have not been able to touch base very often, we still feel close when we are able to see each other. You are wise to not let go of a friend, LeeAnna!